Sign in to follow this  

Wrong size FMF sent! Please help

Hi last summer I ordered the fmf powerbomb and just recently was able to secure the Q4 muffler. When I just tried to fit the two together they are almost the same size. The outside diameter of the header is about 3.4 and the Q4 about 3.6 measured with a 6 inch ruler so not exact. So my question is which one is wrong? Does the Q4 fit inside the header? I was wondering if anybody could give me a rough diameter estimate so I could guess which is the wrong one. I will attach a few pics so I hope that helps. Thank u for any advice

1391988334270.jpg

1391988352749.jpg

1391988371872.jpg

Hi last summer I ordered the fmf powerbomb and just recently was able to secure the Q4 muffler. When I just tried to fit the two together they are almost the same size. The outside diameter of the header is about 3.4 and the Q4 about 3.6 measured with a 6 inch ruler so not exact. So my question is which one is wrong? Does the Q4 fit inside the header? I was wondering if anybody could give me a rough diameter estimate so I could guess which is the wrong one. I will attach a few pics so I hope that helps. Thank u for any advice

Try pulling the sleeve out of the muffler.

That should do it.

• Like 3

Try pulling the sleeve out of the muffler.

That should do it.

you beat me to it !!! ....  :goofy:

The sleeve is for using your stock header and just slipping it on. 

The Q4 ships with a reducer in the mid pipe so it can be used with the stock header. See if it has one and pull it out......you should be good then.

• Like 1