Sign in to follow this  

Help me Fellow riders! pls (not Canadian)

Ok so heres the situation, my kdx 200 with a purple power band just kidding i know what i'm talking bout, aparently its acting like a four stroke to my friend but I took it out of the shed that gets outside temp tried to start it and nothing happened, not even a hint of starting, tried choke then turned it off, tried priming it by twisting the throttle, not enough to flood, still wouldnt start then i took it in my garage and read a magazine for 15 minutes while the heated garage "warmed" her up, took it outside turned gas on, no choke, stared first kick. &%$#@! givin me a heart attack why does this happen? it was a 19.5 degree day exactly, the point five helps too jk 

fuel can evap out from sitting, then, being in a shed, condensation, freeze......  Sounds like you got it running at least

Twisting the throttle won't prime it or flood it. Pumper carbs are a four stroke thing.

yeah I also have a yz250f so I guess I'm used to that too much haha

fuel can evap out from sitting, then, being in a shed, condensation, freeze...... Sounds like you got it running at least

I was told gas, especially with oil doesn't freeze

Using a new plug check to see how good your spark is. Should be a bright blue-white audible crack. Mine started doing the get down into the low 30's, upper 20's and it would refuse to start thing. Not by kicking, rolling, nothing, heat the carb and intake with a blow dryer or heat gun and it would start first kick. Noticed the spark was very weak looking, ended up replacing the coil and plug cap. Bright spark again and it lights right up now, no matter the temperature.

Using a new plug check to see how good your spark is. Should be a bright blue-white audible crack. Mine started doing the get down into the low 30's, upper 20's and it would refuse to start thing. Not by kicking, rolling, nothing, heat the carb and intake with a blow dryer or heat gun and it would start first kick. Noticed the spark was very weak looking, ended up replacing the coil and plug cap. Bright spark again and it lights right up now, no matter the temperature.

Thanks bro will do I'm gunna head over now and get me a spark plug even if it's not the problem, won't hurt to. If it is then there ya go. Thanks dude

Right, but the water in it will

Yeah you're right, but other than the air filter what can water do to the engine Edited by KawasakiEnduro

I was going to help but I'm Canadian and I guess you don't want my help.

no lol I was saying I wasn't but I was being really nice, you get me. In sorry I didn't mean to offend you bro. I was basically saying how nice Canadians are Edited by KawasakiEnduro