2014 rmz450 to buy or not to buy

Currently ride 2011 kx450f with fmf slip on. It's my brothers bike and I'm gonna buy one for myself so I don't keep borrowing it from him, I used to have a 2005 crf 450r for a few years. I love the power of the kx and I really hope the Suzuki won't lack there as I'm a speed and power addict, wish the kx had another 10 hp lol. I have a local dealer that will sell me the bike for 7k out the door which is why I'm considering this bike. Never thought I'd buy a Suzuki, bought one for a friend and rode it a few times an 06rmz450 so it's older technology but everything on that bike was much worse then my crf especially the power. Now with 2014's I'm pretty sure it's the opposite with the rmz being better and more powerful then the crf. Any of the 5 brand new fuel injected bikes will be faster then those old bikes so I'm not worried but I know all the kx are known for their engine power and I really don't want to loose that. I love steering off my back tire, not a front tire dice corners type of guy definitely rely on back tire cornering using the power to do so. Anyone with 2014's have any input on their personal experience with this bike?

2005 crf450r-sold

2006 raptor 700

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

I have a fuel injected 09 that has way more power than I can handle. I'm no pro though.

Handles like a dream.

I rode the 14' and it feels no different than my 12 after a revalve. Still the best platform on the market IMO.

You wont be disappointed with the Suzuki, they are the best turning bikes on the market. Not as much punch as the Kawi and KTM but close enough not to be a concern

Two thoughts, if you can find a 13 or less do that, it is the same bike.  Zuk is supposed to have an all new 2015.  Could wait & with low zuk sales they will give you the same deal 7k out the door or get the 14 for less.  

Two thoughts, if you can find a 13 or less do that, it is the same bike.  Zuk is supposed to have an all new 2015.  Could wait & with low zuk sales they will give you the same deal 7k out the door or get the 14 for less.  

I agree... I would either wait for the 15 or get a leftover 12 or 13. I bought my 12 last year for $5500 OTD. They are still out there and can probably be had for under $5 now. 

I agree... I would either wait for the 15 or get a leftover 12 or 13. I bought my 12 last year for $5500 OTD. They are still out there and can probably be had for under $5 now. 

Should point out to him, I do know about the fork change in 13, but if you find a 12 you will need a revalve, no buts or ifs.  But if you get it for 5500 OTD then a revalve is peanuts

Exactly... most riders need work on the 13 forks as well though. You figure any new 450 is going to need suspension work unless you are no faster than a top 3 C guy and weigh exactly 165-180lbs.

I rode my 12 and my buddies 13 back to back and honestly wouldn't know the difference in the forks if I couldn't see them after both were revalved.

Where are these deals? Thanks.

Dealerships all over have them... not many people ride yellow any more. Just gotta do a little digging. My local dealer has 1 more 12' with the plastic still on the seat. Asking $5000 for a brand new bike. They have the 13's listed for $6000. Im sure if you worked at them a little you could get those prices OTD. Come summer when riding season is in full swing the prices will drop even more. If that other 12' is still there then I may go ahead and pick it up and just sit on it. When my bike gets tired I will bolt the stock stuff back on and sell it and have a brand new bike all set up without a dime out of pocket. When I bought my 12' it never even made it to the floor. It was still sitting in the dust covered crate that it was delivered to them in. 

Going by the price difference for basically an identical bike aside from the forks, Ill save the 2 grand + 1 grand for a revalve and springs on a new bike and upgrade to A Kit suspension all around on my 12 and have a better set up than comes stock on the 13'-14'

I wouldn,t hesitate to purchase one  if given a deal especially.They run well, handle well, but like anything else, may need a little work depending on your circumstances.

Edited by bikefreak69

if you steer with the rear, then why get a zuke?

chase another kawi if that is what works for you.

Edited by Tyge250

Too funny...Sales have been up over 500%. ROFL. They have been selling out with their incentives.

All new 2015? Really??

You can't be serious, any 450 can steer with the rear wheel...just crack that throttle. There is no color 450 that can't do this completely stock.

You can't be serious, any 450 can steer with the rear wheel...just crack that throttle. There is no color 450 that can't do this completely stock.

X2... I want the bike that can do both with little effort!

X2... I want the bike that can do both with little effort!

What's up BDubb you don't think he should jump on that bike that's cheap for a 14. You racing this weekend?

What's up BDubb you don't think he should jump on that bike that's cheap for a 14. You racing this weekend?

I 100% do but I'm biased! LOL

I plan on it... My brother birthday is today and supposed to have a little party tomorrow so IDK if I will make it or not. Hoping I can weasel my way out of the little party somehow.