Sign in to follow this  

New Acerbis Fuel Tank 3.1 Gallon

Atleast we have a choice now. If my second IMS tank starts leaking, definitely going for that.  :thumbsup:

Ims should supply their own rubber gasket, mine doen't leak but I can see that the original gasket is not great for the IMS tank.

Atleast we have a choice now. If my second IMS tank starts leaking, definitely going for that. :thumbsup:

You has a leak too?

My first tank which was black leaked and I opened up the tank and noticed there was a molding fault and created some bubbling which leaked.

I got my replacement white IMS tank from them without additional charge and I am all the in Singapore.

IMS did well imho.....

Ims should supply their own rubber gasket, mine doen't leak but I can see that the original gasket is not great for the IMS tank.

I used the thicker...paper gasket and it worked wonders. No leaks as of yet..... but so far only ran 2 full tanks. That's 2x 3.1 gallons.

Glad I waited!

The capacity is said to be the same at 3.1 gallons.

Unless they designed it differently..... I reckon it is probably the same.

Unless..... they surprise us!

Well looking forward to the first pics...... anyone? ? ?

• Like 1

The capacity is said to be the same at 3.1 gallons.

Unless they designed it differently..... I reckon it is probably the same.

Unless..... they surprise us!

Well looking forward to the first pics...... anyone? ? ?

It's the name/brand/quality that makes me glad I waited. IMS doesn't have a stellar track record, in my personal opinion, for quality and customer service. Not that they are horrible and should be avoided, but I prefer Acerbis over IMS.

• Like 4

It's the name/brand/quality that makes me glad I waited. IMS doesn't have a stellar track record, in my personal opinion, for quality and customer service. Not that they are horrible and should be avoided, but I prefer Acerbis over IMS.

I would certainly be looking for alternative if this second IMS fails on me.

When u do get the acerbis.... do give a review and also.......pics pics pics!

• Like 2

I have no problems with IMS customer service, they shipped new tank overseas no questions. I just have the impressions that quality leaves a bit to be desired.. I think I read about some people getting replacement tanks over and over because of deforming and such.

• Like 1

I thought I heard somewhere that Clarke was working on a 4 gallon tank for our bike?  I can't recall where I read that though, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I thought I heard somewhere that Clarke was working on a 4 gallon tank for our bike?  I can't recall where I read that though, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Answering my own question, haha!  I just called Clarke.  They said they are not working on a tank yet but plan to and it should be out by late spring or summer.  1 gallon over stock is what she said.  I asked about 4 gallon and she said probably not.

• Like 1

Update

post-377768-13920971356409.jpg

That's not an Acerbis tank in the pic...  :rolleyes:   I checked the image properties and it's the same picture they use for the IMS tank...     :naughty:

:busted:

Answering my own question, haha!  I just called Clarke.  They said they are not working on a tank yet but plan to and it should be out by late spring or summer.  1 gallon over stock is what she said.  I asked about 4 gallon and she said probably not.

We should all start sending requests Clark requests for at least 3.5-4 gallon capacity.  It just might make a difference and let them know it will help their sales also.  :prof:

More sales=more money.  When money talks they just might listen.  :thinking:

• Like 2