New Acerbis Fuel Tank 3.1 Gallon

I just saw this in the brochure and not sure how it looks like....

The fuel capacity is the same as IMS.... Why din they make it larger?

Bleah...

1392000545850.jpg

Atleast we have a choice now. If my second IMS tank starts leaking, definitely going for that.  :thumbsup:

Ims should supply their own rubber gasket, mine doen't leak but I can see that the original gasket is not great for the IMS tank.

Glad I waited!

Atleast we have a choice now. If my second IMS tank starts leaking, definitely going for that. :thumbsup:

You has a leak too?

My first tank which was black leaked and I opened up the tank and noticed there was a molding fault and created some bubbling which leaked.

I got my replacement white IMS tank from them without additional charge and I am all the in Singapore.

IMS did well imho.....

Ims should supply their own rubber gasket, mine doen't leak but I can see that the original gasket is not great for the IMS tank.

I used the thicker...paper gasket and it worked wonders. No leaks as of yet..... but so far only ran 2 full tanks. That's 2x 3.1 gallons.

Glad I waited!

The capacity is said to be the same at 3.1 gallons.

Unless they designed it differently..... I reckon it is probably the same.

Unless..... they surprise us!

Well looking forward to the first pics...... anyone? ? ?

The capacity is said to be the same at 3.1 gallons.

Unless they designed it differently..... I reckon it is probably the same.

Unless..... they surprise us!

Well looking forward to the first pics...... anyone? ? ?

It's the name/brand/quality that makes me glad I waited. IMS doesn't have a stellar track record, in my personal opinion, for quality and customer service. Not that they are horrible and should be avoided, but I prefer Acerbis over IMS.

It's the name/brand/quality that makes me glad I waited. IMS doesn't have a stellar track record, in my personal opinion, for quality and customer service. Not that they are horrible and should be avoided, but I prefer Acerbis over IMS.

I would certainly be looking for alternative if this second IMS fails on me.

When u do get the acerbis.... do give a review and also.......pics pics pics!

Update

1392097117007.jpg

I have no problems with IMS customer service, they shipped new tank overseas no questions. I just have the impressions that quality leaves a bit to be desired.. I think I read about some people getting replacement tanks over and over because of deforming and such.

I thought I heard somewhere that Clarke was working on a 4 gallon tank for our bike?  I can't recall where I read that though, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

I thought I heard somewhere that Clarke was working on a 4 gallon tank for our bike?  I can't recall where I read that though, anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Answering my own question, haha!  I just called Clarke.  They said they are not working on a tank yet but plan to and it should be out by late spring or summer.  1 gallon over stock is what she said.  I asked about 4 gallon and she said probably not.

Update

post-377768-13920971356409.jpg

That's not an Acerbis tank in the pic...  :rolleyes:   I checked the image properties and it's the same picture they use for the IMS tank...     :naughty:

:busted:

Answering my own question, haha!  I just called Clarke.  They said they are not working on a tank yet but plan to and it should be out by late spring or summer.  1 gallon over stock is what she said.  I asked about 4 gallon and she said probably not.

We should all start sending requests Clark requests for at least 3.5-4 gallon capacity.  It just might make a difference and let them know it will help their sales also.  :prof:

More sales=more money.  When money talks they just might listen.  :thinking: