Sign in to follow this  

TT Store?

Anyone used the TT store recently? Tried placing an order tonight and it wouldn't check out. Couldn't check out using their check out or PayPal? Either its broken or doesn't support my mobile browser?

Guess I'll call Wheeling in the morning...

I last used the TT Store about a week ago with no problems.  It seems like tech problems usually happen on weekends when there's nobody around to jump on the issue right away.  I've noticed that all around the web.

Edited by motoinmoab
  • Like 1

When I would try and use PayPal none of the order information would transfer over,  when I would click complete in PayPal it would keep trying to transfer me back to TT unsuccessfully. 

When I used the TT checkout I could click submit order, but it never did anything, couple times it would focus on the credit card information before I figured out the blank box was for the card holder name (the text didn't show up right away). However even with that entered the submit order didn't do anything.

It's been reported to those geekier than me. But, be sure that you don't assume it's affecting everyone. It's not. Orders are pretty typical for a Monday. While there might be an issue for a particular user, I have no reason to believe that it's widespread at this point. Regardless, reported to the right people. If there is an issue, we'll surely address it. Thanks for the report.

1.866.6.SHOP.TT for phone orders if for some reason you are affected.

Have a great week fellas!

Bryan Bosch

• Like 1

It's been reported to those geekier than me. But, be sure that you don't assume it's affecting everyone. It's not. Orders are pretty typical for a Monday. While there might be an issue for a particular user, I have no reason to believe that it's widespread at this point. Regardless, reported to the right people. If there is an issue, we'll surely address it. Thanks for the report.

1.866.6.SHOP.TT for phone orders if for some reason you are affected.

Have a great week fellas!

Bryan Bosch

Thanks Bryan, I didn't think it was widespread, but definitely a problem from my tablet, and phone. I didn't try the PC it may have worked. If anymore information would help let me know. As the site should definitely work on mobile platforms.

I won't tell you that it's easy to provide 100% consistent performance across all platforms. It's definitely not. In many ways, the platforms are moving faster than us little guys can fully keep up with. A techy very well may pm you for more info like op system/version and exactly what you were doing, to see if we can replicate.

Wilson made a change somewhere around 2am Saturday night that broke some stuff. I discovered it yesterday about mid day and it took him about 3 minutes to fix. Not sure if the two are related but its a good possibility?

Wilson made a change somewhere around 2am Saturday night that broke some stuff. I discovered it yesterday about mid day and it took him about 3 minutes to fix. Not sure if the two are related but its a good possibility?

I reported this topic to him, so I'm sure that he's aware or will be soon. Thx for the info Justin.

That could be it, as I tried this Sunday night. 

I won't tell you that it's easy to provide 100% consistent performance across all platforms. It's definitely not. In many ways, the platforms are moving faster than us little guys can fully keep up with. A techy very well may pm you for more info like op system/version and exactly what you were doing, to see if we can replicate.

I understand that. I did some web design in the past, several websites I did had comment tags in them that say "this table does nothing more than make this page work in IE".

I placed an order just now from my work PC. It worked, it was rather slow coming back from PayPal, but did work.

• Like 1

Thanks Bryan, I didn't think it was widespread, but definitely a problem from my tablet, and phone. I didn't try the PC it may have worked. If anymore information would help let me know. As the site should definitely work on mobile platforms.

What type of mobile browser were you using when you had the problem?

I just ran a test order through on my Android using the stock android browser with no issues. Paypal was a little slow. But that appears to be on the paypal end of things this morning (it was slow on a computer test order as well for me).

But, the site seems to be working just fine. 

P.S. The minor issue justin mentioned didn't affect checkout, just searching for OEM parts.

• Like 1

What type of mobile browser were you using when you had the problem?

Both devices have Android 4.4.2 (CM11), using Dolphin (free version) browser (so I have flash).

Both devices have Android 4.4.2 (CM11), using Dolphin (free version) browser (so I have flash).

I just tried the latest version of Dolphin and was able to checkout fine. The only thing i can figure is at the time you were trying there was some kind of problem at paypal that was preventing it from working correctly. Paypal handles both our paypal checkout, and also our credit card checkout so if their system was having trouble it would affect both methods of checkout.