Where did you ride?

2 hours ago, carterkendall said:

Legal?

sorry bout dat, i was watching some dragonball z and it got pretty good when tenchinhan fights gokuson.

but yeah, I think I was all legal and stuff, between the 2 oc spots, I stopped for 4 different cops: 2 sheriffs, and 2 chp that waved me over. They were cool cuz I was plated, and they didnt even say anything about my ghetto turn signals. Never asked me for ID, so thats cool. Besides I was also on federal land and I dont think they had jurisdiction where I was. I was on one side of the fence and they were on the other. I could of easily bounced and avoided them but I felt like I was legal so why not stop for some chit chat with the fuzz? They ended up being cool. I also talked to 2 different fire captains that were out patrolling around. One of them told me to be carefull about fire, It was still pouring rain when he told me that, but I was cool, He also told me that if you start a fire, youre financially responsible for it, and that the kid that started the wildomar fire has a 600,000 lien on him becuase of it. I also met up with the fire chief at holy jim, "holy MIke" and he told me to take the jeep trails and branch off from there so I did. I think he knew I'd probably end up on a hiking trail so he gave me the lowdown on something better. While riding the hiking trails sounds funn, it also seems not cool. So I listened to mike and was stoked. I didnt even need to ride any of the fire roads at holy jim. I also did all the rocky stuff at the begining of holy jim and even found some logs to jump over.

The other south OC spot was out of capistrano beach where I met an old surf buddy that showed me a way in. I rode some pavement and some fireroads to get to the good stuff and back. total of 56.3 miles from my truck and back.

I also saw a cop at the farm but he was cool, theres also some new security cameras there by the entrance to see who's coming and going.

So yeah, the man was everywhere but i was on the up & up. I think your cool as long as you stay off the hiking trails, and don't go around any gates. Theres really no need to.

Friday night, I think I'm gonna go back and ride the holy jim singletrack. maybe...

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

sorry bout dat, i was watching some dragonball z and it got pretty good when tenchinhan fights gokuson.
but yeah, I think I was all legal and stuff, between the 2 oc spots, I stopped for 4 different cops: 2 sheriffs, and 2 chp that waved me over. They were cool cuz I was plated, and they didnt even say anything about my ghetto turn signals. Never asked me for ID, so thats cool. Besides I was also on federal land and I dont think they had jurisdiction where I was. I was on one side of the fence and they were on the other. I could of easily bounced and avoided them but I felt like I was legal so why not stop for some chit chat with the fuzz? They ended up being cool. I also talked to 2 different fire captains that were out patrolling around. One of them told me to be carefull about fire, It was still pouring rain when he told me that, but I was cool, He also told me that if you start a fire, youre financially responsible for it, and that the kid that started the wildomar fire has a 600,000 lien on him becuase of it. I also met up with the fire chief at holy jim, "holy MIke" and he told me to take the jeep trails and branch off from there so I did. I think he knew I'd probably end up on a hiking trail. I didnt even need to ride any fire roads at holy jim. I also did all the rocky stuff at the begining of holy jim and even found some logs to jump over. 
The other south OC spot was out of capistrano beach where I met an old surf buddy friend he showed me a way in and I rode some paved and some fireroads to get to the good stuff and back. total of 56.3 miles from my tuck and back.
I also saw a cop at the farm but they were cool, theres also some new security cameras there by the entrance to see who's coming and going.
So yeah, the man was everywhere but i was on the up & up. I think your cool as long as you stay off the hiking trails, and don't go around any gates. Theres really no need to.
Friday night, I think I'm gonna go back and ride the holy jim singletrack. maybe...

Crazy! From what I understood there is no legal single track anywhere down there only specific fire roads. But it’s always been a mystery and a Grey area.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, carterkendall said:

Crazy! From what I understood there is no legal single track anywhere down there only specific fire roads. But it’s always been a mystery and a Grey area.

me too, thats why I stopped and talked to those cops and the fire fighters.

An even bigger mystery to me is; why was chp hanging out on those backroads???

Sheriff and fire department I understand... 

I hear of people riding P.V. so thats also on my shortlist.

Edited by surfer-dude
  • Like 1

well I didn't get to ride those hills and trails with the gang but I did slip out Sunday morning to ride Cahuilla... Was super greasy up until about 11, I mean brutal slick. They have opened up a trail type track behind the vet track in the shrubs... Was PERFECT there because its like a DG type soil that didn't get muddy.... Its about 1.75 mile loop with really fun loamy turns and a 4th gear section to stretch it out a bit....  Was just what I needed though...... The main was pretty gnarly with the ruts and the Vet was fun after it dried a bit,, Highly recommend that track for anyone not real track savvy but just want to spin some laps.. 30 bucks at the gate and ride till your arms fall off....:ride:

• Like 1

Milestone mx- blu cru demo ride 2018
Rippin' and slippin'!!
20180311_082845.jpg.37a46c706a3c2717c009449485393f4b.jpg
GOPR2485_1520715464975_high.JPG.776e459a0f4e0d5a66ddff663bce362c.JPG
GOPR2479_1520715693391_high.JPG.26f9dbcdac607070f381099a0a07cfce.JPG
CD63D182DEFE54A372E57C02F7D8595D.jpg.7ec4169f39e4c5fd88ef5a6a83d2175c.jpg
99924EFC6B1A75A9665AB2EDCB8B9967.jpg.93cb9c5c10d80e093d86670f70cf2295.jpg

I was a dumb ass and rode my own bike. Started at 9, rode straight through a tank of gas and 10 tear offs, grabbed my swag bag and was gone by 10:30. Good time for $15[emoji106]

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ediot said:

I was a dumb ass and rode my own bike. Started at 9, rode straight through a tank of gas and 10 tear offs, grabbed my swag bag and was gone by 10:30. Good time for $15emoji106.png

At least you made it out! I warmed up on my YZ250, then went through the lineup, starting with the 125. So much better than the old '89 I had! Thank you Yamaha for the chance to burn some laps on the '18's. 

I made it until 11. Got too soupy! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YZ Yankee said:

In my quest to hang with the local elite hill climbers, one GREAT step for the Yank.... I'M NOT SCARED OF THE HILLS ANYMORE! LOL

I saw full throttle and in it to win it. Just a little steering flabu toward the top. Lucky though because going down it all the way from the top is ?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YZ Yankee said:

In my quest to hang with the local elite hill climbers, one GREAT step for the Yank.... I'M NOT SCARED OF THE HILLS ANYMORE! LOL

Hi Fankie.   I was thinking about putting one of my bikes together to come play in the dirt.  Im a little intimidated now it looks like that bike rides it self better than my 14 yr old one.

• Like 4

Anvil and I have been competing against each other for the “first make” for years. Hell yeah it was the first thing on my mind[emoji23]

Enjoy the wet dirt and perfect conditions (woman’s riding). When things get hot and tough, your victory’s will be back to where they belong
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Car Racer Matt said:

Hi Fankie.   I was thinking about putting one of my bikes together to come play in the dirt.  Im a little intimidated now it looks like that bike rides it self better than my 14 yr old one.

Hey Matt, the Boyz have been lying to me for years... IT IS THE BIKE! I just gotta hang on! LOL

Put your bike together and lets ride. You'll have that hill on the first day.

What's up? Are you racing cars in Perris? I remember you saying something about that back then.