Sign in to follow this  

Honda Accelerator Pump Kit for 2006 250x

I don't find a lot of info on this mode. Is this mode only for R versions. Would this kit be beneficial for a 2006 250x?

I'm familiar with the o-ring mode. Is that the thing to do. I would think the merge spring would be a better fix, but not sure if required for this year. Thanks.

pre 07,  O ring, wire or spring, all do the same thing.  I use a thick #78 oring (plumbing part) , never had one break, fwiw, have merge and trackside springs, never got around to it.  You can oring with the carb on the bike pretty easy.  Don't adjust the timing screw if it hasn't been messed with, most all are spot on. If you still think you have a bog after the o ring, then you might verify the pump timing.

pre 07, O ring, wire or spring, all do the same thing. I use a thick #78 oring (plumbing part) , never had one break, fwiw, have merge and trackside springs, never got around to it. You can oring with the carb on the bike pretty easy. Don't adjust the timing screw if it hasn't been messed with, most all are spot on. If you still think you have a bog after the o ring, then you might verify the pump timing.

Did you file the rivet down on the diaphragm?

Waste of time on the 37mm X, IMO.  Most the ap stuff you read about is for the 40mm carbs on the R and 450's.   If I was ever to need a pump diaphragm I might think about using a different year model part with the shorter rivet vs. filing.  Also the stock leak jet in the 49 state is fine, don't use the 70 that the CC mod shows unless all your riding is 3/4 to full throttle constantly.