Rode a crf450 today

Rode a 05 crf450 yesterday for about 15-20 minutes and wow i think there will most defiantly be a 450 purchase In my future. I only ride a rm144 right now and the 450 was just so amazing to ride and easy being able to blip the throttle and actually lift the front end was so nice something that I can't ever seem to do. Loose sand and high revs suck. Lol only thing that sucked is that thing was so hard to start compared to my lil smoker.

It's all in the jetting. Mine might take five kicks on a freezing bad day when the bikes cold. Every other time one-two. Get one and get back to us

brapppp

Ya once you get used to starting them and the technique the bikes requires they fire right up.  I consistently start my 09 from 1-3 good kicks from tdc.  

Compared to two stroke tiddler, an open class thumper is always going to be a bit of an increase in effort to start. :lol:

That said, once you get the carb dialed in, it doesnt take much. I flail at mine like a 10 year old girl and it fires right up.

Mine had a bad cylinder, crank, piston, rings and valves and it would take 3/4's of a kick. Lean it over till it pees, twist the throttle 3 times and kick it like she likes it and instant fire up. I left 26 years of 2stroke hondas for a 08 crf450r and even though I just blew a lot to make the engine brand new again, it is well worth it, dont think I would lose any sleep if I never rode a 2stroke again. Made me a believer.

yeah my buddy Ryan Also ride a 06 crf450 and when he starts his bike it seriously looks like he barely kicks it and it starts right up,  Im Still Fairly new to riding So gonna Keep my smoker and in the mean time start saving for a 450. couldn't get over how much easier the bike was to Ride threw the woops, Iv always rode my buddies 250f and was never really impressed by it, After riding a 450 i have a new found love for thumpers. 

I have a nicely restored 2003 CR250R and a 2011 CRF450R.  Love them both. 

But I am amazed how easy it is to kick over and start the 450, I don't kick it hard and fast, just a slow smooth steady pressure, it lights right up. Never hurts my ankle or knee.

I think I could start the 4-strokes by hand. No way I could do that with the 2-smokers.

I have a nicely restored 2003 CR250R and a 2011 CRF450R.  Love them both. 

But I am amazed how easy it is to kick over and start the 450, I don't kick it hard and fast, just a slow smooth steady pressure, it lights right up. Never hurts my ankle or knee.

Explains my buddy ryans motion perfectly, he made it look soooo effortless