Sign in to follow this  

Ontario rookie needs advice

so, i got this bike in a deal for my car, as i mentioned in my first thread on this forum. it's a 2006 KX450f. from what i read, for the type of riding i want to do (trails, nothing too technical to start), it looks like i need:

Rekluse

1.8 rad cap

coolant overflow bottle

skid plate

better rad guards

52 or 53t rear sprocket (vs the 48t thats on there now)

bike currently is running silicone rad hoses, engine ice coolant, k&n, and other than some small bolt on blingy stuff, the bike is fairly stock. Bike is extremely well maintained and very low hours. valves checked and still in spec, very very clean, barely a boot mark on it.

am I missing anything? any advice?

Thanks in advance

1601166_10153800005480338_475130823_n.jpg

You probably don't NEED to do anything to it. Take it out and ride it first, then decide where you want to spend your money. (good rad gaurds/braces are always a good investment though)

You probably don't NEED to do anything to it. Take it out and ride it first, then decide where you want to spend your money. (good rad gaurds/braces are always a good investment though)

Exactly what he said. You don't NEED anything. Unless you're gonna be a professional Enduro racer, then in that case it's different. Keeping it stock should be fine for an Enduro rider. Just don't have the rpms set too high.

I like a softer seat on the bike I use for enduro/trail riding. The stock MX seats are like sitting on a 2x4 after an hour or two...