Spring swap

Here is the scenario, I have a 2013 yz250 that I purchased to build me a woods weapon. I weigh 195lbs in street clothes. Race tech Is calling for .47kg/mm for the front and 5.7 for the rear. I have the stock springs from my 2010 yz450 and I was going to swap springs and re valve but the fork springs from the 450 are approximately 14mm longer than the 250 springs. Is there an easy method to use these 450 springs or am I better off buying new?

Thanks for replies. I will look for other link. Monk...was the 5.5 based off of feel or sag #'s. I've not spent much time in the woods so will be a new learning curve and I was just trying get everything set up for base line. I have been riding stock ( haven't checked static sag) and typed my info on race tech and seen their recommendations and had me worried

You really have to take the race tech calculator with a grain of salt. One bike I looked up recommended a 5.8 shock spring, 3 months later they recommended a 6.4 shock spring. Same weight same bike and same riding conditions. They also wanted me to use the same fork springs for both a 5.8 and 6.4. Seems like it would be unbalanced to be. I feel the best route is to call a competent tuner with knowledge of your bike and riding/terrain type.

• Like 1