Sign in to follow this  

Hey Wait a Minute...Is That me?!?!?

As I have been reading through some of the more humorous threads/comments, a funny thought occurred to me...

I wonder if anyone has ever been reading a comment on Thumpertalk, eg: "We ride with this kid who thinks he's Ricky Carmichael", or "I end up doing all the work on my buddie's bike because all he wants to do is sit and play video games while smoking dope", only to realize that they are reading about themselves? 

I mean it could happen pretty easy.  Lots of riders frequent the site...  It might be a good wake-up call for some readers to consider changing their ways...lol.

If you are one of the unfortunate (or fortunate) ones to have read about yourself on TT, I think it would be interesting if you could share...

• Like 1

I keep reading in the Thumpette forum about an apparently attractive 6'1" hunk with stunning physical features and very fast on a dirtbike.

I thought it was me until I remembered I was 6'0". Dang.

• Like 7

Ricky Carmichael retired because I was so much faster than him. :excuseme:

RC retired because his practice and conditioning time reduced his time available at IN-Out Burger.
  • Like 1

Fast is relative. If I were any slower I'd be going backward.

Wait....you're talking about me!!! Ha ha ha!!!  :lol:

• Like 1

RC retired because his practice and conditioning time reduced his time available at IN-Out Burger.

In-n-Out is the real culprit!  Lol

RC prolly just got tired out.  Not being able to drink a beer with your buddies when you want, family time, etc all wear a man down.  McGrath retired right after he got married, found out there was more to life than bikes. 

I know.  How naive could they be??

Edited by LovingOffroadPain
  • Like 1

Right, when he realized that he was slower than some trailrider on a beater 2 stroke, he turned to an age old vice to comfort himself....In-in-Out Burger.

• Like 2

Most people who display the behavior we bitch about are too self absorbed and/or clueless to ever realize that is them we are talking about. Just like the workaholics who watch movies like "Click", think it's great, but still don't come home to spend time with their kids or wife. Nobody EVER thinks they are the douchebag.....Not even me! :lol:

• Like 4

As I have been reading through some of the more humorous threads/comments, a funny thought occurred to me...

I wonder if anyone has ever been reading a comment on Thumpertalk, eg: "We ride with this kid who thinks he's Ricky Carmichael", or "I end up doing all the work on my buddie's bike because all he wants to do is sit and play video games while smoking dope", only to realize that they are reading about themselves?

I mean it could happen pretty easy. Lots of riders frequent the site... It might be a good wake-up call for some readers to consider changing their ways...lol.

If you are one of the unfortunate (or fortunate) ones to have read about yourself on TT, I think it would be interesting if you could share...

I'd never consider myself as RC, he's too vertically challenged!

Besides you can't go through life worrying about what other people think.

You'll go nuts, end up in TS posting liberal threads about global warming and supporting Obama care.

• Like 3

I'd never consider myself as RC, he's too vertically challenged!

Besides you can't go through life worrying about what other people think.

You'll go nuts, end up in TS posting liberal threads about global warming and supporting Obama care.

My intent was to inspire humorous responses.....to hear the "lighter" side .  Looks like it may have worked ;)

• Like 1

I've read I am fast, I don't think so.....

I've read that too, but after seeing pics from pit bull, I'm wondering.

Lol

I've read that too, but after seeing pics from pit bull, I'm wondering.

Lol

I was just testing the tip-over sensor, you know, make sure it works....

• Like 1

I was just testing the tip-over sensor, you know, make sure it works....

I forgot about the tos sensor.

Priceless.