Sign in to follow this  

Rail trailers

Mine is a Long Haul. It was a production trailer. And yes, its inside my toy hauler :)

IMAG0001_zpsd888ffa2.jpg

I will be building a rail trailer in the next few weeks and would like ideas and pictures of your setups. Thanks

What did you come up with?

Here's a pic of mine.

BUMP!

I just convinced a welder friend to build me a trailer during his slow season...

Got  axle, (72") springs, fenders, and all the hardware. I'm thinking a skeletal 3 rail trailer, with a 3x6' platform up front to hold gas cans, canopies, BBQ etc.

Perhaps tool boxes along the sides, in-line with the fenders.

Let's see those custom open trailers! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The rails are nice but for about the same money or not much more you can get a 5X8 or 5X10 utility and have something much more versatile for the rest of your life. I have had two rail types but no more.

• Like 1

Nice job. I'm glad to see that you didn't cut holes in the deck for the wheels :thumbsup:

thanks I wouldn't trust holes in the deck to hold them. Just figured I already had the welder out might as well make the chocks to.
  • Like 1

The rails are nice but for about the same money or not much more you can get a 5X8 or 5X10 utility and have something much more versatile for the rest of your life. I have had two rail types but no more.

Agreed, but, the wheel chocks are probably easily removable.I guess you could get a 5x8 or 10 like you said and just build some chocks for it. I built a 6.5 x 12 flatbed out of the rear half of a long bed chevy truck. Took the bed off and cut out the "hump" over the rear end to make it flat. I put a rail across the front to bump the bikes up to it.

thanks I wouldn't trust holes in the deck to hold them. Just figured I already had the welder out might as well make the chocks to.

Someone else on here did that very thing.  :excuseme:  20140810_084229_resized_zpsb7f4945e.jpg

Edited by phaze250x
  • Like 1