Sign in to follow this  

First time buying brand new bike. Help please

My last dirt bike was a 2006 YZ 250 back in 2008. I'm getting back into the sport (finally) and I want to buy a brand new bike. I have made the decision to buy a 2014 KTM 300XC. The MSRP on the bike is $8500 and the dealer told me I could have it for $7900. There was no negotiation here at all, can I talk them down lower or is the dealership just being friendly with the price right from the get go? Is there anything else I should bargain for or do when buying new? First time buying brand new, i'm a newb.

Few other general questions if anyone can help answer.

1. Will the KTM 300 XCW headlight and taillight fit on the KTM 300XC?

2. Will the KTM 300 XCW speedometer/hour meter/computer fit on the KTM 300XC?

3. What is the top speed of the 300XC with its 6th gear? (might need to hit the highway to connect to another trail)

Basically I want the XC model with the XCW accessories. Would it be a better idea to purchase aftermarket accessories?

Thanks guys! Its been so long since I have ridden and I can't wait to start enjoying this sport again. Having a bike that can be plated opens up a TON of riding opportunities for me. 

The biggest thing I learned from buying my bike new is to buy protection for it. Get your skid plate, hand guards, pipe guard disc guards and my biggest regret is not getting rad guards. I know it is a lot of money right off the bat but replacing rads on a new bike hurts. It will help keep your bike looking new.

Sorry I'm a bit new at this I would check ktm world Georgia I bought 2013 250sx in jersey local dealer wanted 79 plus delivery fee just about every possible extra fee I haggled them ending up getting bike for 7124 only because Georgia ktm world told me it was 7300 out the door with suspension done for my fat ass.