Apollo (orion) 125CC?

So I've been digging to the ends of the internet and these forums to find anything on these bikes. I'm about to purchase one from a dealer that gets their bikes from cougarcycles.com.

I went and checked this bike out cause I'm skeptical of such a cheap bike. I don't plan on entering any races in the near future. Just banging around in my backyard some and getting back into riding again.

The bikes feels extremely solid. The suspension was surprisingly tough. It started easily and seemed to respond pretty well.

But I was dumbfounded when I saw it's metal gas tank. I haven't seen one of those in 20 years since I had a three wheeler growing up.  I called cougarcycles in both indy and atlanta and the guys made me laugh. One guy tried to tell me it was something with the EPA. The other said it was a better design and lighter/better for the bike.

I'm just skeptical whether these are really Apollo bikes from apollovehicle.com. I've reached out to them asking as well.

Anyway after that long rant i'm just curious if anyone has dealt with a company who orders from cougar or if you've purchased one of these bikes yourself.

I'm kind of shy on pulling the trigger on this bike mainly because I can't find anything on it anywhere. But it sure looks similar to the agb-37crf1 apollo makes besides that darn gas tank.

I appreciate the help!!

Apollo 125cc midsize.jpg

Sorry to break your heart, but these bikes are sh!+. Dude save up and buy a KLX110 or even a G2moto.. gosh even a pitster pro is better.. but if you already have your mind made up, then my 2cents won't matter.. but I have 5 yrs fiddy experiance.. rode them all.. Vinco is the best, next to a BBR

Pit Bikes

So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.

If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.

If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area.  The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.

We'll explained Vince

We'll explained Vince

*well

Well I use to race six years ago so I have a little knowledge of what I want and what it can achieve...but if I wanted to throw 3k+ at a bike I would just buy another crf250...my biggest question was of anyone knows what these bikes are and if they really are "apollos".

Thanks for the input though...looking like I'm going to have to spend some money of I really want something I can half rely on.

Check out a G2moto.. I owned one.. loved it.. it looks so sick and is very fun.. I did modify the funk out of it though to make it bullet proof.. I was hittin like 40 ft gaps on it. First time I hit a 40ft double on it, I destroyed the front hub and blew the front forks out.. upgraded with marzochi forks and pcc wheels.. never had that issue again.. I only paid $1500 for the bike brand new, shipped too.. wheels for $300, and forks for $400.. still sittin below $2500

We'll explained Vince

*well

actually its been updated 

Pit Bikes

So you're looking for a pit bike?

If you're not sure where to begin looking, keep the following information in mind as you browse this section.

If you're looking for a bike for yourself, and you've ever owned a full-size bike before, you most likely want to start in the Race Ready Pit Bike section. These are our high quality bikes that can really take a beating.

We also category specifically set up for bikes that are very sturdy and can hit the tough trail or even the Practice tracks

Track and Trail Bikes

If you're looking for something to rip around the back yard and mob the neighborhood, or if you're looking for a bike for an inexperienced rider, or somebody who is just starting out, you may want to look around the Play Bike area.  The bikes in this section are also quality bikes, but they generally as performance oriented, and aren't bikes we suggest launching off 40ft doubles.

Check out a G2moto.. I owned one.. loved it.. it looks so sick and is very fun.. I did modify the funk out of it though to make it bullet proof.. I was hittin like 40 ft gaps on it. First time I hit a 40ft double on it, I destroyed the front hub and blew the front forks out.. upgraded with marzochi forks and pcc wheels.. never had that issue again.. I only paid $1500 for the bike brand new, shipped too.. wheels for $300, and forks for $400.. still sittin below $2500

Yes G2 moto WAS a cool bike , Sadly they have no new units since 2009 

SSR TX and TR line are def up to par 

As well as Piranha and Pitster Pro LXR