Sign in to follow this  

Non vented or not as vented goggles

After having lasik eye surgery back in 2007, my eyes started degrading again this past year. Unfortunately I'm back in contacts. After having the surgery my eyes don't produce as much tears anymore which causes me problems while riding. While riding I've noticed that the wind coming from the vents in the goggles are drying my eyes/contacts out really quick and giving me blurry vision. I think a goggle that isn't as vented will help me out as this is extremely annoying. My eyes will dry out and I will have to slow down and consciously blink to try to get everything lubed up again after only about 2 or 3 straights or corners at the track while at speed. So you can see how this is hindering me. I do have glasses but they don't fit under my goggles. Im currently using Oakley Crowbars. Anyone else ever have dry eye issues while riding? Remedies?

I know what you mean with the contacts. You can try taping the vents off and such I suppose. I used to just put a couple drops in my eyes before. I gave up on contacts and ride without them, which I suppose is dangerous.

What contacts are you wearing?

Oakley and others make "sand" goggles.  Those have tighter foam in the vents to make sure to keep dust and sand out.  They should work well for your purpose as well.

I know what you mean with the contacts. You can try taping the vents off and such I suppose. I used to just put a couple drops in my eyes before. I gave up on contacts and ride without them, which I suppose is dangerous.

What contacts are you wearing?

I wear Dailies Aqua Comfort by Ciba Vision. I actually only wear them on the weekends. I wear my glasses the rest of the week. The taping idea may sound like a good idea but I couldn't ride without some form of vision correction. I'm -1.50 in the right eye and -1.25 in the left. It would be scary not being able to see the ruts so well.

Oakley and others make "sand" goggles.  Those have tighter foam in the vents to make sure to keep dust and sand out.  They should work well for your purpose as well.

This may be a good option as well because maybe the tighter foam will restrict air flow some.

There are some goggles out there made to hold glasses lenses inside them so you don't need to wear contacts. My dad did this for years before getting laser eye surgery.

I wish someone made entire lenses that didn't look so goofy like the companies sell. I want an entire goggle lense with half one eye and the other half for the other, behind the regular sheet of plastic so it doesn't get scratched. The lenses can be made of plastic so they don't cost so much, and they won't look goofy, which they do imo.

I should email different companies and such, start a Kickstarter page to get funds, and see if they can be a reality.

You could would have to get them custome stamped out for your goggles, like you send them in if they don't have a template, they stamp the shape out, send it back.

Make it scratch and fog resistant.

Can anyone tell me why this hasn't happened?