06 yz125 outer fork oil capacity

Just put new fork seals in my sons 06 yz125. The manual says 240 - 250 cc's in the outer fork legs. Is this correct ?

Just put new fork seals in my sons 06 yz125. The manual says 240 - 250 cc's in the outer fork legs. Is this correct ?

What manual are you looking at? It is definitely way wrong!

I just checked the Yamaha factory service manual for 2006 yz125 and it says 340cc is normal, and the adjustment range is from 300cc min to 380cc max in the outer tubes.

I wonder what else that manual has told you that might be incorrect?

• Like 1

I have a the 06 yamaha manual that came with the bike. It says 240 -250 in two locations. I just looked at the online manual and it is the same as yours. I guess I'll be adding fluid. It didn't seem right. Everything else seems correct. I'll scan the misprited page.

Thgank for the help!!!

The manual I referenced *is* the service manual that Yamaha includes with the bike when sold new.  I am curious as to what manual you have there because I want to see you get the right manual for your bike. Does it say 2006 YZ125V on the cover? Is it blue and white?. The OEM 06 yz125 service manual is available for free download from yamaha australia.

I found the problem. I got the wrong year manual with the bike. Scared me for a second thought I bought a 05. I verified the vin ,suspension ,and registration it's a 06. The owner gave me the wrong manual. I just downloaded the correct manual. Thanks for the help

3 minutes ago, YZ144FirstTimer said:

out of curiosity what would be the difference in suspension action if one put 280cc's ? 

Less bottoming resistance for sure . Plusher than normal toward the end of the stroke . 

54 minutes ago, YZ144FirstTimer said:

hmm.... I find on hard landings I can bottom... Im going to add some cc's and see how she goes.

I added 30 cc per leg on my last Bushing and seal change and saw a nice difference .

• Like 2