06 xc head mods

I hear about head mods but never any specs on what's being done ,does a 2006 xc 200 benefit greatly from squish mods or chamber volume? my aim would be to be able to run 94 pump fuel . what is going to help this bike all around not just one area of the rpm

Edited by peaceofwork

Yes it helps everywhere, basically what most tuners do is set the squish so that it is perfect for pump fuel, too much squish causes incomplete burns during the cycle and makes it more difficult to jet, too little and she detonates. Of course this is just what iv'e heard from reading I'm not a tuner. 

I hear about head mods but never any specs on what's being done ,does a 2006 xc 200 benefit greatly from squish mods or chamber volume? my aim would be to be able to run 94 pump fuel . what is going to help this bike all around not just one area of the rpm

I have an '06, and I got head mod done.

MikeS head mod; I requested nothing too extreme to where I needed race fuel. Like you, I want to just use pump fuel.)

It does help, especially down at low RPM> where my 200 needed a boost.

so far what I have learned is that the squish band angle is good, squish band width is good and chamber shape is good, its just a matter of planning down the head -tightening the squish.

how much are people taking off? what squish clearance is desired? what chamber volume are people aiming for? I run any ware from sea level to 5000 ft

• Like 1

so far what I have learned is that the squish band angle is good, squish band width is good and chamber shape is good, its just a matter of planning down the head -tightening the squish.

how much are people taking off? what squish clearance is desired? what chamber volume are people aiming for? I run any ware from sea level to 5000 ft

i haven't seen those things discussed here on TT. I'd try a google search.

The head mod on my bike included re-shaping the chamber, along with planing down the head some.

. . . it was more than just planing down the head.

The head mod on my bike included re-shaping the chamber, along with planing down the head some.

. . . it was more than just planing down the head.

well - I meant to say REMOVED some material (in strategic locations) from the chamber, and planing down the head some.

rdefonce -mikeS how do you contact him?

jeff slavens says he don't mess with the 200's, so I'm still hunting

rdefonce -mikeS how do you contact him?

jeff slavens says he don't mess with the 200's, so I'm still hunting

You know . . . I've never checked pressure. (you mean with compression guage?) maybe I should . . .

but, it doesn't detonate often (occasionally, not often though)

Look on KTMtalk.com, I believe he posts there often, or at least used to. MikeS was his username