HELP rebound screw not turning

2008 RMZ250. Showa stock forks.

After assembling forks after oil change the rebound damping screw at bottom of fork won't turn at all.

This happened on one fork leg, so I did the same oil change on the other fork leg just to make sure I hadn't put something back wrong or over tightened anything.... but same results on both forks.

I took the fork apart and checked the rebound screw seperately; turns perfectly.

But when installed won't turn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The forks worked perfectly before the oil change and I don't want to send them off to get looked at if its just a small thing I've overlooked.

Are you sure you located the "D" shaft properly inside the cartridge rod....you probably just droped in and didn't locate it into the "D" female end of the rebound needle up inside the cartridge.

Pull out the "D" shaft and see if the end is damaged....Honda calls it the "collar rebound needle" on the fiche

sounds like the rebound needle is off the housing.

Take just the piston rod, screw on the rebound adjuster. As said, make shure the d-rod is seated correctly. Then try to turn the rebound screw.

If it doesn't work you have to take off the rebound holder and take a look at the needle.

I checked the rebound screw like you said. But still didn' tturn. Once the needle was in the D rod, when screwing the needle housing (base bolt) onto the damping rod I could feel clicks just like you do when turning the rebound screw. Should this happen?

I checked the rebound screw like you said. But still didn' tturn. Once the needle was in the D rod, when screwing the needle housing (base bolt) onto the damping rod I could feel clicks just like you do when turning the rebound screw. Should this happen?

Yes, the clicker is turning...which as you know free wheels just like when your holding the bolt in your hand and turning the clicker with a screw driver...least resistance.

So, your problem is with the needle.

Try this:  slid the D-rod into the cart rod and properly locate it, thread on the reb bolt a few threads and see if you can adjust the clicker either direction.

You might have the reb needle over tightened...either in the full soft position...or....the full hard position.