Sign in to follow this  

Brown Santa is coming! Brown Santa is coming!

Ordered D606, tire spoons, FMF Powercore4, protaper evo cr-high bars, protaper risers, and protaper adapters for my MSR handguards.  :ride:

Going to be an entirely different bike next week! And 65F temps to boot!  :smirk:

edit: UPS is now reporting they've lost my tire  :banghead:

Edited by kray
  • Like 4

UPS is now reporting they've lost my tire  :banghead:

they did that to me too ....  :lol:

But, then it showed up the very next morning ...  :thumbsup:  keep the faith brutha ...  :ride:

are you putting something on the front ? 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

they did that to me too ....  :lol:

But, then it showed up the very next morning ...  :thumbsup:  keep the faith brutha ...  :ride:

are you putting something on the front ? 

It's just painful waiting. I want to braaaaap  :ride:

Eventually, I still have a ton of rubber left. I can't make myself swap tires if there's still good left. I'm thinking MT21 up front to go with the D606 in the rear. Thoughts? 

It's just painful waiting. I want to braaaaap  :ride:

Eventually, I still have a ton of rubber left. I can't make myself swap tires if there's still good left. I'm thinking MT21 up front to go with the D606 in the rear. Thoughts? 

I really wanted a set of these but the rear was not offered up in a 110/100-18 so I went with a XCMH just to match  ... but I probably should have bought this for the front  :bonk:

tires are cheap enough to buy a new set every year anyway ...  :blah:

Scorpion Pro All Terrain/Enduro Front Tire

633014597419375000scorpionpro.jpg

• Rated best DOT tire by Dirt Bike Magazine
  • Front and rear tires are competition-designed with FIM homologation in mind
  • Used by MX World Champions Mickael Pichon and Stefan Everts
  • Front tire designed for soft-intermediate terrain with V-shaped half-shoulder knobs for cornering traction
  • Durable new tread compound increases structural stability, provides higher mileage and better traction
  • New and improved version of the MT 83
  • DOT approved front and rear
Edited by gnath9

MT21 is nice everywhere except on wet clay. So it really depends on where you ride your bike.

On wet clay :\

For wet clay

Gt216

Scorpion Pro

Michelin enduro comp iv

and you should know because ....  you are the "Tire Man" ....  :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way .... I ran across a picture of you on the internet ....  :p  .....  :lol:

michelinMan-415x300.jpg

• Like 4

For wet clay

Gt216

Scorpion Pro

Michelin enduro comp iv

Which is best in your opinion? I do mostly tarmac, dry clay, and wet clay riding.

my guess would be the GT216 for your off road stuff but probably does not wear well on pavement ....  the scorpion will get you more miles . 

Graham Jarvis is the Golden Tyre guy ...  :ride:

Edited by gnath9

my guess would be the GT216 for your off road stuff but probably does not wear well on pavement ....  the scorpion will get you more miles . 

Graham Jarvis is the Golden Tyre guy ...  :ride:

I'd vote for the most mileage, as i commute 4-5 days a week during the warmer months. Man, I can't wait for temps to climb.

Probably pirelli is better I have 1500 miles on the gt216 front, I might get another 500 miles before replacing.

I will warn you they are very twitchy on the road for the first 100 miles.

• Like 1

Probably pirelli is better I have 1500 miles on the gt216 front, I might get another 500 miles before replacing.

I will warn you they are very twitchy on the road for the first 100 miles.

Couldn't be any worse than what's on the bike now. I have death wobble above 65mph. I like to live my life on the edge.

• Like 2

Let us know how it does off road. ive been shopping around for tires. the stock tires are rubbish off road. come spring looks like it will be the xcmh for me...but wouldnt mind other options

Took a few hours to get things taken apart and put back together. I'm sure a proper shop could have done it in a few minutes. Now I know I can change a tube in an emergency though. I may die of starvation by the time I get it done though.  :lol:

My knuckles are bloody and the wheel is dirty, but it's on there. I even threw some grease on the rear axle bolt to boot. I ran it up to 65psi to set the bead and then dropped it to 26psi. I'm not sure what pressure I should run the D606 at so I'll probably just play with it until I get it right. It's noticeably taller than the stock tire. I may have to switch back to the 13t front sprocket to compensate for the difference in diameter.

Oh, and the rear axle nut torque spec is 65lb ft if anyone wants to know.

Now that I've stopped bleeding I think i'll take it off the stand and run it around the block!  :ride:

Edited by kray
  • Like 4