100/90/19 tube with 110/90/19 tire?

Pretty dumb question. But I'm studding up a set of ice/winter tires and just got a pretty nice set of tires given to me. They are off his 450 so the rear is a 110. Should I get a 110 tube or would it be alright running the 100 that's on my bike now. Bike is a '13 Yz 250f. Thanks

The 100 will be fine, assuming it is somewhat fresh

The 100 will be fine, assuming it is somewhat fresh

That's what I figured. Thanks.

Its the last # that matters

What method of studding are you using?

What method of studding are you using?

1/4 x 1 1/4 cement screws from the inside out with nuts. I've seen quite a few people do it on here and other places and have good luck with it. For like $25, I'm not gonna complain!

1/4 x 1 1/4 cement screws from the inside out with nuts. I've seen quite a few people do it on here and other places and have good luck with it. For like $25, I'm not gonna complain!

I am doing the same thing. I was planning on using gorilla tape to cover over the screw heads on the inside of the tire. Not sure if it will work or not though

I am doing the same thing. I was planning on using gorilla tape to cover over the screw heads on the inside of the tire. Not sure if it will work or not though

Haha, same here.

My front tire so far. The rear is on hold because the lugs are too big for the 1.25 inch screws. Need longer ones. Coming out good.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392640338.004913.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392640349.258399.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392640358.261577.jpg

you should have put washers under the nuts it would be more rigid. If your planning to ride on the ice like you mentioned they will probably move around a lot

I thought about it. I've talked with a few people who have done this same method and they haven't had a problem not using them. I guess for me it will just be trail and error pretty much. We'll see how it holds up.

you should have put washers under the nuts it would be more rigid. If your planning to ride on the ice like you mentioned they will probably move around a lot

Haha, I just realized who I was taking to. Lol. Do you have any ice tires for your bike?

Haha, I just realized who I was taking to. Lol. Do you have any ice tires for your bike?

hahah and no not for my big bikes. I just used ice screws for my crf110 lol it was fun but most of them ripped out already. 

hahah and no not for my big bikes. I just used ice screws for my crf110 lol it was fun but most of them ripped out already.

Oh. A kid I know from school had a beat up drz110 with just screws from the hardware store in it and I tried it out on the lake. It was pretty sick. There is a private track up the road from my house and he grooms it for the winter. That's mostly what I'm getting these tires for. I won't be able to try them until next week because in heading to Texas for the week.

I used this method over xmas this year.

In my experience,

1) Make sure you use a deep socket and impact. Tighten the nut's as tight as you can get them. I lost a number of nut's after the first ride.

2) Use an old heavy duty tube to line the inside. This was a BITCH. Use lot's of baby powder or soapy water. I found you can run really low PSI on the back

3) Did not get tire slippage on the back, but if I did again, I'd add a second rim lock.

Here's a pick of the pattern I used front/back. There pretty worn down now after 4 ride's on frozen fsr's and frozen to loamy single track with lot's of large rock's and root's. The traction is AWESOME!

DSCF0244.1.jpg

In my experience,

1) Make sure you use a deep socket and impact. Tighten the nut's as tight as you can get them. I lost a number of nut's after the first ride.

2) Use an old heavy duty tube to line the inside. This was a BITCH. Use lot's of baby powder or soapy water. I found you can run really low PSI on the back

3) Did not get tire slippage on the back, but if I did again, I'd add a second rim lock.

Here's a pick of the pattern I used front/back. There pretty worn down now after 4 ride's on frozen fsr's and frozen to loamy single track with lot's of large rock's and root's. The traction is AWESOME!

What kind of screws?

I didn't use the tapcon screws because I couldn't find 1.5 inch. Ended up going with a different brand. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392905142.470983.jpg

In my experience,

Wow that's all the screws you installed? I put a screw in every single lug on the rear wheel and all but the far outside lugs on the front tire. If you got amazing traction with your setup I can't even imagine what I am going to get. They are not done yet but here is a pic ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1392936137.363202.jpg Edited by carters2