Eddieville playday washedout Feb.15&16th.

Washington

Snow is gone.....but the rain is here. Way too wet this weekend. We will not be open this weekend.

Scott,

Are you planning on another MX class for kids (big and small) like you had last August?

My kids, wife and I had a blast and would love to come visit like that again!

Tim

I want to ask about this weekend, but at this rate what I should ask about is the race.  Is it looking likely that the 6 hour will be pushed back a while?

I want to ask about this weekend, but at this rate what I should ask about is the race.  Is it looking likely that the 6 hour will be pushed back a while?

Weather and ground conditions can change very fast here in Goldendale/Centerville.  Yesterday it rained most of the day, and we got a little snow last night.  However, the winds have been blowing and the daytime temps have been getting into the mid-40s.  The winds really help dry things out very quickly around here.

For current track conditions and schedule updates, it is always best to give Scott or Debbie a call at either (541) 980-7971 (Scott), (509) 261-0308 (Debbie).  They also have email addresses that you can find on the Over The Bars Gang website.

Scott and Debbie do check these forums from time to time, but like everyone else, they have day jobs and sometimes life gets the best of them and they are unable to post current schedule changes and track conditions here.

I hope I wasn't misunderstood.  By "At this rate" I wasn't referring to their speed of response, I meant that the last two weekends have been cancelled, and the weather isn't looking that much better, and the illusions I had back in January of an early spring are getting buried in snow and washed away :(

I don't think I misunderstood.  I was just saying that contacting Scott or Debbie is the best way to find out how the current track conditions are shaping up and if they foresee any delays or cancellations.

I was hoping to convey that weather and track conditions can and do change very quickly here in Goldendale/Centerville.  I have seen it rain hard for 5-6 days, and the whole place be a slimy mud hole.  But just two or three days later with good winds and moderate temps and the ground is just about perfect for riding.  Great traction, no dust.

The weather forecasts that we get around here from the major websites are 180 degrees wrong at least as often as they are close when it comes to rain/snow and freezing temps.