Always a new wrist pin bearing?

Dumb question of the day. I was just going to replace the rings on my 150 but Cooksey's prices are so good I decided to do the piston too. I got the parts today, but forgot to order a wrist pin bearing. The bike has 33 hours on it, and I know it's cheap insurance but is it always necessary? I'll likely order one anyway just wondering what everybodys take is on this?

I would do it every time, how much will you wonder after about 20 hours of riding it?

From my experience, usually if a bearing is worn out so is the surface it is contacting, such as the rod and the wrist pin itself.  Personally I have reused wrist pin bearings many times but if you do not need the bike ASAP then just throw a new one in just for peace of mind.  If you do reuse it, check the existing wrist pin for wear and inspect the bearing closely.  If anything looks out of place replace the bearing.  33 hours is not a terrible amount of time.

Kinda the same thing that motox178 stated. I like to think of the in the same realm as a chain and sprockets, mated parts. I would expect that putting a used bearing on a new pin would cause premature wear on one of the two parts.

Kinda the same thing that motox178 stated. I like to think of the in the same realm as a chain and sprockets, mated parts. I would expect that putting a used bearing on a new pin would cause premature wear on one of the two parts.

I had the same thought...I think that would be more of an issue than a worn bearing at 33 hrs, so I ordered a new one. I'm always surprised it's not a part of any top end kit I've ever ordered. They send a wrist pin and circlips, but no bearing. I always forget to order one until after I get the rest of my parts.

My solution--buy a 300 and ride it for over 100 hrs before maybe needing a top end, and that's only if ur a pro rider lol.

My solution--buy a 300 and ride it for over 100 hrs before maybe needing a top end, and that's only if ur a pro rider lol.

I've thought about that too, but I can't get rid of my small bore 2 stroke. Too much fun...:)