Sign in to follow this  

20 year old second bike purchase

I have some experience with an xr 100 and need a bike with more ground clearance and more power.

This will be my second bike. Probably used.

I am 5"4, 120 pounds.

Fit very well on a crf 150f, almost flat foot both feet, but that bike seems like a pig.

A lot of trail, mudding, steep hills, but I'd like to go semi fast

Suggestions?

I have some experience with an xr 100 and need a bike with more ground clearance and more power.

This will be my second bike. Probably used.

I am 5"4, 120 pounds.

Fit very well on a crf 150f, almost flat foot both feet, but that bike seems like a pig.

A lot of trail, mudding, steep hills, but I'd like to go semi fast

Suggestions?

Crf150 is a piglet!

Normally I'd say 125 but reading the conditions you ride maybe check out a crf150rb (big wheel)? Kinda hard to say, really depends on your budget and if it's strictly for trail riding...any racing or track?

I have a yz250f and a crf230f in the stable. The crf is my sister's bike I am storing for her. She has a lowering link on it. I am 5'7" and rally like that link on there compared to my 250f. Big difference in power without a doubt. I like the speed and quickness of my 250. Her bike is a 2013, mine is a 2001. I am planning on using hers for more trail riding so I can get a feel of how well of a machine it is. But that electric start is the real deal, lol.

xr200 is a great choice if you liked your 100 and are looking for something a little bigger, but they havent been made for a few years and might be kind of hard to find. crf150rb is also a good choice.

Maybe step it up and get a 250? I went from an xr100 to a wr250f with no problem and I love it. but then again i'm 6'0 so the seat height isnt a problem.

A 250f would be the best choice, however i think you may be to short for one, not positive.  If you are i'd suggest either a ttr230 or an xr200r or xr250r Those bikes are decently fast, very fun, and will make it up about any hill as long as your tires are good.