Am I crazy?

I have a '2011 Husaberg FE450, mint with only 38hrs! thinking of selling it and getting a TE300 or 300XC-W. Am I crazy? I mostly ride single track woods and struggle mostly with the weight of the bike climbing gnarly hill climbs and wrestling with it when I don't make it up. I'm a smaller rider 5'8" 170lbs. Also, what's my bike worth these days?

No, sounds pretty sane to me!

Sounds like you need a husky wr125 in your life.

Or a 200

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there is nothing wrong with a 450 in the woods riding single track and technical terrain. Auto clutch? Suspension done? Yeah ok there is the weight thing. But the power man...that instant on,low end hang the f-on grunt. Ok I admit in the last hour of the day and I'm down hill from my pigbus and we're both on our sides I do from time to time say to myself "dam...sure wish that was my 200. This is gonna' suck." Then I get my last heavy lifting cardio in hop up on the seat, hit the button,grin,and haul ass. Then I say to myself..."Nah,I'll keep my pigbus." If I was a racer guy? I'd ride the 300. But I'm not and I dig the plush heavy tractor feeling.

Maybe I'm nuts.

Your going to lose a lot of money on the bike especially if you bought it new.  If you got new bike money then you should have used bike money.  Just buy an older used 300 and you can have both.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, there is nothing wrong with a 450 in the woods riding single track and technical terrain. Auto clutch? Suspension done? Yeah ok there is the weight thing. But the power man...that instant on,low end hang the f-on grunt. Ok I admit in the last hour of the day and I'm down hill from my pigbus and we're both on our sides I do from time to time say to myself "dam...sure wish that was my 200. This is gonna' suck." Then I get my last heavy lifting cardio in hop up on the seat, hit the button,grin,and haul ass. Then I say to myself..."Nah,I'll keep my pigbus." If I was a racer guy? I'd ride the 300. But I'm not and I dig the plush heavy tractor feeling.

Maybe I'm nuts.

Yes, agree and thats why I'm torn... I do have the suspension done but no Auto Clutch (Rekluse). Maybe the Rekluse investment would offset the loss I'd take id I tried to sell and buy a newer 300. if i had the help to get up that nasty hill in the first place the weight of the bike wouldn't be an issue! Thanks for putting thing in perspective! think I'll likely keep my 450 and work on mods and skills!

You could get a decent trade in value on the Berg.

You're not crazy...but an autoclutch is awesome.  I ride a '10 FE 450 and my buddy bought a used Zstart Pro autoclutch for his WR450F......that thing works great....can pick your way up steep rocky uphills, lift the front wheel with the blip of a throttle to get over logs, pull loose steep uphills in  second or third and keep traction...can go slow on tight single track.  I am sold...but cant find a used one.  Cyclebuy offers the Husaberg autoclutch made by Rekluse for $580....and then grab a 10% off promo code.....and for $525 you have an autoclutch.  I'm saving up for one right now.

I have a '2011 Husaberg FE450, mint with only 38hrs! thinking of selling it and getting a TE300 or 300XC-W. Am I crazy? I mostly ride single track woods and struggle mostly with the weight of the bike climbing gnarly hill climbs and wrestling with it when I don't make it up. I'm a smaller rider 5'8" 170lbs. Also, what's my bike worth these days?

Exactly the reason why I've gone back to a small bore 2T :thumbsup: .

Your not crazy, your smart!!!! 2t alll dayy