Hell'S Gate

From what I see Cody got 3rd.

Was running 2nd looks like another great ride.

Later george

That looks like a brutal race!

My bad I got thoes results from http://enduro.fier.it

Results have changed on their site since earlier this am.

Later george

That's a helluva race. Two finishers. Jarvis got pulled to the top first.

"Got pulled" is not fair for a guy who arrived 22 minutes before the second...

:cheers:

^_^

From what I saw on the video the last climb requires rope and a bunch of spectators to pull you up ... did you see something different?

No, but from what you wrote it seemed like you meant that Jarvis won only because the crowd has helped him and not Walker, but probably i misunderstood because of my English :D

BTW, in 2009 that happened, Jarvis with the Sherco was at the hell's peak a few seconds before Lampkin but Dougie approach the first part of the uphill faster to pass him and reach the spectators with the ropes just behind Graham.

No, but from what you wrote it seemed like you meant that Jarvis won only because the crowd has helped him and not Walker, but probably i misunderstood because of my English :D

BTW, in 2009 that happened, Jarvis with the Sherco was at the hell's peak a few seconds before Lampkin but Dougie approach the first part of the uphill faster to pass him and reach the spectators with the ropes just behind Graham.

It's still who is at the finish line first.. Lampkin nipped him at the end. That's fighting to win to the very end.. Hey and Beta won that one too.

I was there in the '09...let's say, the crowd prefere to help a famous trials champion over an unknow brit Sherco rider.

Getting pulled up is NOT riding a bike. Getting pulled up is NOT being a finisher. Pushing to the finish is fine but ONLY if there is NO outside help. Anyone getting outside assistance should be disqualified. Zero exceptions. If no one completes the course then the person riding/reaching  the furthest point  in the least amt of time would be the winner.

Getting pulled up is NOT riding a bike. Getting pulled up is NOT being a finisher. Pushing to the finish is fine but ONLY if there is NO outside help. Anyone getting outside assistance should be disqualified. Zero exceptions. If no one completes the course then the person riding/reaching the furthest point in the least amt of time would be the winner.

Some extreme events allow for outside assistance, others events not so....

The last hill at Hells Gate is impossible to climb. It's unrideable. The idea was to allow spectators to get involved and participate.....

Great to see that Cody is gonna ride Erzberg. If it is dry I reckon he can finish in the top 10 easily

Getting pulled up is NOT riding a bike. Getting pulled up is NOT being a finisher. Pushing to the finish is fine but ONLY if there is NO outside help. Anyone getting outside assistance should be disqualified. Zero exceptions. If no one completes the course then the person riding/reaching  the furthest point  in the least amt of time would be the winner.

you probably never see the last climb of the hell's gate...but i think there is no point to race a unrideable uphill, so i kinda agree with you...usually the race ends the last corner before the hell's peak, normally because the first rider have enough advantage to be "lifted" without problems (except in the '09...)

i think Fabio Fasola will never cut the last part because he always be a fan of the nature-over-machines-like crap...

i really want to go to the Fasola School next spring...

Edited by hawaiidirtrider