Tire bead not seating

So I mounted up a new Bridgestone M404 tire and filled it with air, and now im noticing the bead wont seat all the way around. It does at the rim lock and about 4 inches on either side of it, but the rest is unseated, the worst being at the oppisite side of the rim lock. I tried to work it out with a tire iron, but it wouldnt budge.

Heres a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNInBJLw3s8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Any suggestions?

I usually tighten the rim lock very last once the bead is all good. But...I am no pro at it, lol. But like they said, use windex or dish soap/water...windex dries quicker, make sure you fill it up with a lot of air...i mean like 40psi+....then bring it back down as soon as it seats.

And like fattonz said, def try to make sure the lubes gettin down into the bead, lol.

Out of curiosity how much PSI were u putting into it when trying to set it?

• Like 1

loosen beadlock, deflate, hit it with windex, inflate, bounce the wheel on the ground from chest height. then spin it a few degrees and bounce again....repeat this process until you spun the tire 360 degrees. If the pressure doesn't make the bead set, bouncing it sure as hell will. 

Many times the tube pushes on the rimlock which holds the tire from seating some where. Try pushing the rimlock in while filling and sliming the beads right before filling, AND slime the teeth area on the rimlock itself.

If your mounting a tubeless tire, like some trials tires, on a tube type rim, the bead shapes are a little different and hard to seat, More air and more slime will get it.   Real tire mounting lube can make things easier, Gallon of RuGlyde is $10, will last you forever.

Bad news boys, even after loading them with tire slime, I still have 2 leaking tubes. Oh well. My first time changing tires was a bust, something something learning expirence blah blah blah. To the local shop I go.

I think everyone pinches tubes on the first few tries.  Make sure you are patient and take small bites on the next go.  Only insert the tire iron deep enough so it catches the tire but not the tube....  I still occasionally pinch one....I just patch it with some contact cement and a rubber patch I cut from an old tube...

Edited by Fattonz