Vor 450 2002 starter motor

My vor 450 elec start cranks the engine over then slips and you just hear starter motor spin. Sometimes it will crank engine over fine but normally cranks for a second or 2 then slips. Is it the starter motor or a gear inside the engine. I don't want to strip side of engine down if I dont need to if it's just starter motor

well to be honest i don't know. my 503 doesn't have a starter motor but the gear/clutch layout is unlike any other i have ever owned. if you pull the clutch lever in and kick it over the crank will not turn i.e. the kick start drives through the clutch, so if the clutch was slipping then it wouldn't start.  but as i say have never owned or ridden a 450 ,just curious to know if you pull the clutch in and engage starter what would happen?

My vor 450 elec start cranks the engine over then slips and you just hear starter motor spin. Sometimes it will crank engine over fine but normally cranks for a second or 2 then slips. Is it the starter motor or a gear inside the engine. I don't want to strip side of engine down if I dont need to if it's just starter motor

I've a '01 503 SM e-start, it doesn't always turn the crank over, so I back it up with the K-start, having said that, my brother owns a 530 & the e-start is more robust. See if the starter is engaging correctly &/or have it re-built.

well to be honest i don't know. my 503 doesn't have a starter motor but the gear/clutch layout is unlike any other i have ever owned. if you pull the clutch lever in and kick it over the crank will not turn i.e. the kick start drives through the clutch, so if the clutch was slipping then it wouldn't start.  but as i say have never owned or ridden a 450 ,just curious to know if you pull the clutch in and engage starter what would happen?

I've a 503 too, well 3 of them. 1 is an e-start SM & the others 503MX & EN kick only, this is prefectly normal. You must select neutral & kick with the clutch out only. Great bikes though, look after it. if you're ever letting it go, let me know. There are very few left over here