FI Mapping Switch

Hey guys,

I have a 09 RMZ 450 and am thinking about putting a fuel injection mapping switch on her. I don't know a lot about them and have seen 2 different types on you tube. One connects in behind the front number plate and the other connects straight to the top of the injector.

If anyone has put these on their bike and has any info for me that would be great!!

Is there any preference out there that people think are the best and reasonably priced?

Ease to install and program? They all look pretty easy to install, but the one they put behind the number plate you plug into your computer.

Thanks

Jas

I've never seen one that could be installed without an aftermarket ignition such as the Vortex. 

BDubb106 is correct, the '08 & '09 z450 never came with more than one EFI map.  The only way to change it is to either re-flash the ECU with a Yosh tuner, install a Power Commander or buy a Vortex ECU. 

It's possible that you might be able to install a 2010 ECU (or newer) which did have 2 preloaded maps (beyond that there's 3), but even they needed a coupler not a switch.  Granted, if you knew the pin out you could make a switch that would access the different maps (even for the 2014 z450).  At that point you would need to be sure that it could be changed "on the fly", otherwise you might have to shut it down, flip the switch, and then restart the bike.

At that point you would need to be sure that it could be changed "on the fly", otherwise you might have to shut it down, flip the switch, and then restart the bike.

I think someone tried this without success... Can't remember who it was though. 

Even with the switch installed and correct pin out the bike still had to be shut down before the maps would change. Something with the stock ECU not allowing it to change on the fly. 

So as you stated you would have to shut the bike off to change it anyways so it would be no more beneficial than the plugs.

No worries guys thanks for the info, Think I'll just stick with what I've got!! She's all good!!