Sign in to follow this  

another 1 down.. 690smc.pics

!!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  !!BE SAFE!!  

so i left my house the other day, my roomate and few ppl were there, including a friend of mine on a 2009 ktm 690smc..

anyways, im sure most of you seen my vids and seen what kind of stuff goes on, mostly ignorent stuff, breaking the law, and getting hurt.. 

i personally have calmed down somewhat(i think), and want to start riding the track instead, specifically Infineon Raceway, Thunderhill Raceway.. 

he flipped on a wheelie 3rd gear, clicking into 4th he lost balance he said..i wasnt there..

all the way the bone, bruised knee cap..lol he said nurse stuck entire pinky finger in hole and spun pinky in a circle to get road particles out!! thats how deep it is..

hes in a full leg splint/brace

bike was fine,

damage to cycra pro bend(abrasion to black side piece)..

snapped off a all thread rod, with a ktm slider on it 

he said the hole got bigger, because they cut off all that weird hanging flesh.. and it nearly doubled..

no pic of that 

photo_zps3d68fbce.jpg

photo1_zpsec8699bf.jpg

0728131947_zpsb354e609.jpeg

Edited by 707LAKE

i personally have calmed down somewhat(i think), and want to start riding the track instead, specifically Infineon Raceway, Thunderhill Raceway.. 

Sorry to hear about your buddy getting hurt, it still could have been a lot worse...

Good to hear that you are thinking about saving the faster stuff for the track.  Playing a lot of games on the street will lead eventually to some type of pain, maybe physical, maybe financial (tickets, insurance, etc..), maybe both.

(When I first saw the topic, I though you had dumped the DRZ for a 690...)

• Like 1

yeh lake, that's a mighty nasty looking hole he has. Had to cringe a bit when viewing up close......not good! Glad that's all the damage.

He sure has a nice bike, like the wheels and how he split the color, and I also really like that seat.

Heal up bro.......... :(

• Like 1

Glad your mates alright but it is a reminder to wear all the gear all the time, (ATGATT)

The one time I never wore protection she got pregnant.............................hang on that's another story.

Even just a pair of draggin jeans could have save your mate a lot of pain.

Here where I live, sub tropical, I see blokes with a $1000 dollar helmet and a $10 pair shorts and thongs.

This is a thong9632945ABLK-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPGwhat they wear under their shorts I can't comment,ES-3017-Pink-Tiger-C2012.jpgmaybe this

Edited by Black_DRZ
  • Like 2

Glad your mates alright but it is a reminder to wear all the gear all the time, (ATGATT)

The one time I never wore protection she got pregnant.............................hang on that's another story.

Even just a pair of draggin jeans could have save your mate a lot of pain.

Here where I live, sub tropical, I see blokes with a $1000 dollar helmet and a $10 pair shorts and thongs.

This is a thong9632945ABLK-BILLABONG-1_180X225.JPGwhat they wear under their shorts I can't comment,ES-3017-Pink-Tiger-C2012.jpgmaybe this

Shoot ... It's Tasty

• Like 1

It took me 11 months to recover from a simular injury aquired in a different way. The hole was so big the Doc could only put three stitches across it. And just said the hole will eventually close. Hurt like you know what. I had a severe impact injury to go along with the flesh loss. Now I even ride street with my knee guards on. ATGATT is SOOO mportant.

I truly feel for your buddy and hope he heals well and quick.

Now I even ride street with my knee guards on.

Yeah, me too. I always ride with Fox knee/shin guards on, under my jeans.

• Like 1

that's a pretty good endorsement for ATGATT.

a pretty good condemnation for jeans and sweatshir.... oh wait, yall call them 'hoodies' now or something. 

lol 

• Like 1

When I wiped out it was on my first major ride after I got my DR-Z. Darn DeathWings! I did not have riding gear yet. I was something like 20 years off the dirt so after the wreck I geared up. I always preach ATGATT now. For my own and others safety. I have a wide variety of gear options now. Jacket, coat and two types of pants all with built in armour. Plus a set of knee/ shin guards and a thin mesh armour jacket that I wear when its HOT out. Looking into some armoured shorts with hip protection. I don't ride to slow off road. I think maybe I should slow down a bit and live longer...LOL! ;)