Aftermarket exhaust touching aftermarket plastics.

Do you guys think the FMF Q4 will melt my new right numberplate if they touch? Should I make a spacer or something? I'm not sure how hot these aftermarket cans get.

EC41EDDC-orig_zpse5de37b5.jpg

Edited by yellowdatsun

That far back on the can I wouldn't expect it to melt, but I also wouldn't want to risk it.  I know the front of the muffler will get hot enough to melt the plastic.  I use a bracket made by Giant Loop to keep the plastic off the muffler.  The bracket is only like $10 from Rockymountain.  It straps around the side of the can and will keep the plastic off the muffler completely even if the bike is laying on it's side.

Hope that helps.

Can you find me a link for this? I can't find anything like that.

I garantee it will melt. I have an FMF on my bike and I knew it was going to melt, but not as much as it did. It will prob melt about 1x1 circle in it

I garantee it will melt. I have an FMF on my bike and I knew it was going to melt, but not as much as it did. It will prob melt about 1x1 circle in it

We call that 'character'....dirt cred if you will :thumbsup:

If you muffler packing is blown out, the plastic will melt in one ride....unless you transfer the thermal insulator sheet from the original plastics

Ok. Yeh I saw that at RMATVMC, but it's wasn't $10 (more like $28), so I assumed you were talking about something else. I'll order it.

On second thought, I can probably make my own, sans the neat script. Let me see how well I can botch that up, and then I'll order one afterwards :-)

Edited by yellowdatsun