Sign in to follow this  

Proper way?

well i've cleaned a few carbs before so im familiar with carbs but, does anybody know of a video that shows and explains how to properly clean a 2stroke carb? i want to make sure im doing everything right 

Get the float level set right and everything else is just take apart and spray out good with carb cleaner. Not much to most 2 stroke carburetors. 4 stroke carb, now there's a mess..

I have a few videos and other information on my website that will help you and answer some questions.  I actually have a lot of other motorcycle how to videos as well.  Check out the main page(s) here.  I also have an entire restoration series that has lots of tips, how to, and tricks sprinkled in.  Check under Barn Fresh Restoration

Motorcycle how to videos

Or the individual carburetor related videos

Carburetor disassemblely and diagnosis

Help getting a bike up and running again  This one has some good general carburetor information on cleaning and setting up a carburetor on a bike that has been sitting for many years

Idle speed mixture adjustment  One of my most popular videos, do this after cleaning, but before attempting your overall jetting.

If you have specific questions leave them on the website (no registration required to comment) as I probably won't see them here.