Sign in to follow this  

Washington Places to ride ATVs in Washington

I've seen the websites, etc., but I know there's more places to ride than on those sites.

For instance, I've ridden motorcycles north of Lake Chelan on national forest land... me on my CRF230L dual sport and my son on his XR70. We were directed to this spot by USFS rangers, who said it would be all right if we rode there (yes, it's a forest road, yes, the XR70 isn't highway-legal, but the rangers were okay with it). Saw several groups of ATV riders (obviously not highway-legal). So, based upon this, I'd think it would be okay to ride OHVs (dirt bikes and ATVs) on NF 8200, 8215, and 112 north of Manson, WA.

I also understand it's legal to ride ATVs on the state forest roads between Okanagan and Conconully. And perhaps on the roads alongside and in the vicinity of Duffy and Douglas Creeks, east of Badger Mountain (based on several Youtube videos). And certainly the Green Dot roads north of Vantage.

Any feedback on this? Any other areas? Anything in King, Snohomish, or Pierce counties (on state land... I know that the Snoqualmie NF is off-limits).

Edited by ObiJohn

Each USFS district sets there own road use rules.