dmv flagged me for smog?

California

The dmv hasnt renewed my plate due to my bike neededing a recall to my smog crap.  It also says only authorised dealers.  Anyone know of somewhere that can help?

An authorized Dealer?  Don't even have a clue what bike you ride, so wherever you bought it might be the dealio....

This has to do with KTM and the smog sticker on your bike.  You have to go to the dealer to take care of it.  This is an issue from a few years ago, surprised your just dealing with this now. 

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798282

Edited by KennyMc

Rick you sure it's not just the SMOG TAG.  Ron just went through it.  Lots of guys are.  Just call the KTM dealer.  They verify a few details and order you a new SMOG STICKER for your frame.

Haven't heard about any smog equipment recalls.

Emissions recall proof of corection. is what the dmv paper work states.  The bike is a 09 ktm 450 exc.  I wonder if i could just bring in the box of extra parts i got :lol:

Rick you sure it's not just the SMOG TAG.  Ron just went through it.  Lots of guys are.  Just call the KTM dealer.  They verify a few details and order you a new SMOG STICKER for your frame.

Haven't heard about any smog equipment recalls.

This is one instance one would want to be quicker, ok, maybe there are a couple :devil:

Emissions recall proof of corection. is what the dmv paper work states.  The bike is a 09 ktm 450 exc.  I wonder if i could just bring in the box of extra parts i got :lol:

Yep, the 2009-2011 got caught up in it :foul: It's just an updated sticker.

Edited by KennyMc

This is one instance one would want to be quicker, ok, maybe there are a couple :devil:

Yep, the 2009-2011 got caught up in it :foul: It's just an updated sticker.

So i just call a dealer and ask for a new sticker?

So i just call a dealer and ask for a new sticker?

Well, that would be the first thing to do.  If that is the last thing you have to do, you can only hope they don't act like the DMV. :lol:

Yes...  and a form you need to give the DMV to clear you for renewal.  Dealer will walk you through it.  Like I said Sarge just did his 09.  He can guide you through it too.

Yes. I just went through that last week.  

Call your local dealer.  they will take your name and vin number. they will order the emissions sticker from KTM. it'll take a couple days to come in. My dealer asked if I could remove the tank and bring it in an open be truck. makes it painless, easy in, easy out. once he called, I ran down there. went to the service desk. He grabbed the sticker, climbed in the back of the truck. The dealer is a highly trained mechanic. Applied the sticker over the old one.  handed me the signed proof of correction slip.  and I was on my way.  I'm guessing the dealer needs to do it, cause most of us would file it in the drawer and forget to apply it ourselves. 

make sure you call the dealer and give them your name, model, and vin number.  as the first bonehead I talked to didn't ask, so I made two trips.  

thanks for the info guys, i usually only read threads with purtty pictures or me in the topic.  Its true what they say, the elderly, while slow and a major pain in the azz, can still serve a purpose

Reason 1,056 why I don't have a KTM.

Don't be jealous.....

Just sold this plated beauty to my buddy...  he be luvin not hatin   :thumbsup:

ktm_07_525_01.jpg

Don't be jealous.....

Just sold this plated beauty to my buddy...  he be luvin not hatin   :thumbsup:

ktm_07_525_01.jpg

Today :lol:

Today :lol:

Tomorrow, next week, next year.............

Haters be blue when they have to ride blue.  Fellers...you'll be able to buy any bike you wants when the youngins is all out of the house and grad-giated...  or in Chino as they case may be.  Be patient...  don't hate.  :p  :lol:

Tomorrow, next week, next year.............

Pffffft, I'll take my '07 WR450 over that bike tomorrow, next week, next year......cause it will still be goin, and goin, and goin..... :p  :thumbsup:

Haters be blue when they have to ride blue.  Fellers...you'll be able to buy any bike you wants when the youngins is all out of the house and grad-giated...  or in Chino as they case may be.  Be patient...  don't hate.  :p  :lol:

You my friend, can bite me :busted:

HATER !

Actually, I kinda like your blue bike... if I had any money I'd buy Matts. But Obamer is still kicking my arse.

too bad you can't get a few extra smog stickers...

S_10426SIL_L.JPG