Lost my keys! easiest way to start bike?

So I lost my only set of keys on a hike today!!!!! what is the easiest way to start my bike for work in the morning!!? Can I just cut both red and orange wires from the ignition switch and touch them together?? I am sh*t outta luck and have already ordered a new ignition and key on ebay for $79 but this is my daily driver I need to get to work in the AM! Any help greatly appreciated guys!

If you look at a schematic, you can see which wires provide power to your starter solenoid. You can disconnect the ignition plug and jump these wires and it will allow you to start the bike without a key. Just remember to remove the jumper before you go anywhere.

Disconnect the wire harness going to the ignition switch and jump the orange and red wires with a paper clip. :ride:

Yup, it works.

Trucked the bike out to the lake for some ice racing. Forgot the keys.

Takes longer to find a paperclip or wire than to hotwire.

If you look at a schematic, you can see which wires provide power to your starter solenoid. You can disconnect the ignition plug and jump these wires and it will allow you to start the bike without a key. Just remember to remove the jumper before you go anywhere.

My ignition got water damaged so I just wired in a 20 amp switch and put it in one of the 2 small holes that hold the ignition to the triple clamp

So I lost my only set of keys on a hike today!!!!! what is the easiest way to start my bike for work in the morning!!? Can I just cut both red and orange wires from the ignition switch and touch them together?? I am sh*t outta luck and have already ordered a new ignition and key on ebay for $79 but this is my daily driver I need to get to work in the AM! Any help greatly appreciated guys!

leave the old swtich in place, and hide the 'new' ignition switch. never care about keys again. 

no one will ever know ;-)

leave the old swtich in place, and hide the 'new' ignition switch. never care about keys again. 

no one will ever know ;-)

Good idea, or you could 'stash' a spare key on the bike somewhere.  :thumbsup:

Found my leys in the forrest!!! Miracle! At least know I know!