Lost my keys! easiest way to start bike?

So I lost my only set of keys on a hike today!!!!! what is the easiest way to start my bike for work in the morning!!? Can I just cut both red and orange wires from the ignition switch and touch them together?? I am sh*t outta luck and have already ordered a new ignition and key on ebay for $79 but this is my daily driver I need to get to work in the AM! Any help greatly appreciated guys!

If you look at a schematic, you can see which wires provide power to your starter solenoid. You can disconnect the ignition plug and jump these wires and it will allow you to start the bike without a key. Just remember to remove the jumper before you go anywhere.

If you look at a schematic, you can see which wires provide power to your starter solenoid. You can disconnect the ignition plug and jump these wires and it will allow you to start the bike without a key. Just remember to remove the jumper before you go anywhere.

So I lost my only set of keys on a hike today!!!!! what is the easiest way to start my bike for work in the morning!!? Can I just cut both red and orange wires from the ignition switch and touch them together?? I am sh*t outta luck and have already ordered a new ignition and key on ebay for $79 but this is my daily driver I need to get to work in the AM! Any help greatly appreciated guys!

leave the old swtich in place, and hide the 'new' ignition switch. never care about keys again. 

no one will ever know ;-)

• Like 1