What is my bike worth?

Price might be a bit high, but who knows. Someone may buy it with riding season creeping up on us.

Don't know what the market is for that thing in virginia but I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for it in Utah (maybe less).  1st gen aluminum framed 125's are a dime a dozen and frankly I've seen a lot nicer. (don't take my tone wrong, I am just trying to be frank, not bad mouthing your bike).

It might help your sale if you post pictures of the bike clean, I agree that $1600 may be a bit high. I see it has a lot of aftermarket parts so I think you could get $1000-1200 for it with the right buyer. Simply because of it's age not because of the condition of the bike.

Well, around here bone stock 1st gens go for around 1500.

I'm just a bit west in Richmond/Williamsburg and I got my pristine condition 05 yz125 for 1800, and a buddy got a clean 07 yz125 for 1900, I'd say its way overpriced for around here just because of its age/condition... Also, good pictures that aren't taken in a garage or of a dirty bike go a long way.

Edited by nholden98

Well, around here bone stock 1st gens go for around 1500.

If you think it is worth that much, why do you ask? Apparently you already have your mind made up on value

IMHO,

Not a penny more than $1,000

To be honest, if I were looking for a bike, I would pass on yours. I see a filthy bike, obviously ridden hard and wet, then just parked away like that, letting the mud crust up, I have to wonder about what other aspects of the bike have been neglected.

Well, its hard to wash a bike without running water. I guess ill put it in the shower.

Thanks for the help. I guess i shouldnt invest so much into an older bike. Ill knock it down to 1100

You have no running water??? i would have paid the water bill before i bought aftermarket parts for my bike! ;) JS

No offense, but I gotta agree with the other guys. A dirty bike in a sale add tell the buyer that the seller doesn't care for his equipment. Whether or not that's actually the case is irrelevant, that's what the buyer thinks. The first gen aluminum frame 2 strokes aren't worth much, since they are notorious for having weird handling characteristics. Around here they bring about the same money as the last steel framed bikes, the 1993-1997's.

The last note, it's not about "dumping so much money into an old bike", all motorcycles are money losers. We all dump money into them that we'll never get back. Just how it is. Tires, worn parts, hop-ups, body work, graphics, etc, you'll never get that money back. Doesn't matter if yours is a 1990 or a 2009, they all lose money.

Edited by yellowdatsun

1000 tops, just for reference I bought my 04 450 for 1400 two years ago

You have no running water??? i would have paid the water bill before i bought aftermarket parts for my bike! ;) JS

I figure he means that being cold and winter, many people have their outside faucets turnt off to keep from freezing and busting their lines. If he didnt pay the water bill, the shower wouldnt work.

We shut our outside water off also in the winter . I just stop by the car wash on the way home .

NADA Book average retail value for a 1999 CR125 is $600.

Kelley Blue Book retail value for a 99 cr125 is $1,055

I think price is very dependent on where you live and can vary a lot. Case in point: http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/4326750035.html. That's a pretty standard price around here and I'm sure to some of you it must seem outrageous. 

I think price is very dependent on where you live and can vary a lot. Case in point: http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/4326750035.html. That's a pretty standard price around here and I'm sure to some of you it must seem outrageous. 

Just because the bike is listed at that price, doesn't mean it will necessarily sell for it.  But yes, local markets can vary.

Seems like, in my area, prices are always pretty high, but that first gen aluminum frame 125 still wouldn't go for much.

Edited by KcDavis

Just because the bike is listed at that price, doesn't mean it will necessarily sell for it.  But yes, local markets can vary.

Seems like, in my area, prices are always pretty high, but that first gen aluminum frame 125 still wouldn't go for much.

Yeah that gen doesn't have the best reputation. I've heard they tire you out quick because of the stiff frame and harsh ride. 

So there you go, somewhere between $600 and $1055.