Sign in to follow this  

Any one know where I can get my tranny tumbled?

I have both a vibratory and a stainless tumbler and the stainless is the way to go, especially for the a high polished finish.

I'm sorry if i worded it wrong. Where can I get my rm125 transmission tumbled. Like de bur the gears and get them polished to a mirror like finish so it will shift smoother. That's what I meant. I wasn't hoping for smart ass comments just ask me to clarify sorry if i sound like a douche but I hate it when people start typing smart ass comments.

Hey, just like when out riding with your buddies, they bust your chops for fun once in a while, and we do here too. no biggie....just relax a bit and yes we are sometimes smart asses :thumbsup:

Joe

• Like 2

Hey, just like when out riding with your buddies, they bust your chops for fun once in a while, and we do here too. no biggie....just relax a bit and yes we are sometimes smart asses :thumbsup:

Joe

Yeah, what he said....all in good fun bro.  No harm intended...

Hey guy's I was hoping someone could help me out and tell me where I could get my tranny tumbled in my rm125. Hope you guy's can help.

im not sure tumbling is the best idea for "trannies"... it will round off the edges of the dogs.

Any good engine builder can polish transmission. Not cheap but improves shifting

Of course you can spend your money on anything you want, but I can't imagine that such a procedure would make any meaningful difference (lap times or otherwise) in shifting, and yes, I do own and regularly ride an RM 125.  In fact, it's literally been decades since I rode a performance dirt bike with major shifting issues (i'm thinking of Bultacos from the 70s).  

Your best "tranny mod" for an RM is going to be a good clutch basket.  I think the stocker is made out of some kind of cheese.

Edited by rpt50
  • Like 2

Of course you can spend your money on anything you want, but I can't imagine that such a procedure would make any meaningful difference (lap times or otherwise) in shifting, and yes, I do own and regularly ride an RM 125.  In fact, it's literally been decades since I rode a performance dirt bike with major shifting issues (i'm thinking of Bultacos from the 70s).  

Your best "tranny mod" for an RM is going to be a good clutch basket.  I think the stocker is made out of some kind of cheese.

I already have a wiseco clutch basket in there. I know it would help me because a few kids i race in the 125 class with all have tumbled transmissions and they are hitting triples that on a 125 you would have to power shift on before you hit them. I know my lap times would be faster too if I could shift on the power. It would for sure give me more confidence. 

Edited by suzukirider103

I'm sorry if i worded it wrong. Where can I get my rm125 transmission tumbled. Like de bur the gears and get them polished to a mirror like finish so it will shift smoother. That's what I meant. I wasn't hoping for smart ass comments just ask me to clarify sorry if i sound like a douche but I hate it when people start typing smart ass comments.

You're talking about what us "old timers" used to refer to as "blueprinting".

Most any good engine tuner/builder can do it/ RPM Racing, Forward Motion, Pro Circuit, etc...

• Like 1

Thanks for sending links I appreciate it. To everyone else I'm sorry If i took your jokes and replied like a di**  I just didn't know if you guys were just &%$#@!i** with me or not lol. 

See....there ya go :thumbsup: This place is just like out riding with your buddies ( and most of us like it that way :cool:  )

Joe

• Like 1

A little humor in the middle of a post never hurts. Now you can wait for your opening in a post to get your chance to comment. They were all pretty funny, really.

I am still at the stage, if i don't know the name of a part, I call it a "thingy".

Edited by bigbore2

Thanks for sending links I appreciate it. To everyone else I'm sorry If i took your jokes and replied like a di**  I just didn't know if you guys were just &%$#@!i** with me or not lol. 

It's all good, I go nuts myself every so often and have to realize not to react to every stupid little thing I read.  It's like someone else said, it's all in fun.  I hear what you're saying and it sounds like this thread might help you better, check it out:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/843486-tumbled-gears/

I'm not a native english speaker, so whenever a word I don't know comes up I just google it to expand my knowledge of the language.... I searched for "tranny" and my brain is forever scarred.

Damn you OP.

• Like 3

I'm not a native english speaker, so whenever a word I don't know comes up I just google it to expand my knowledge of the language.... I searched for "tranny" and my brain is forever scarred.

Damn you OP.

LOL...please don't go into any details about all the fun things you saw...:p

• Like 1