Sign in to follow this  

1989 CR125 project

Hey guys I just thought I'd post some pictures of my winter project. I bought this bike in august for $500. It ran but leaked gas and oil and just looked like crap. I rebuilt the top end, carb, rear shock, and front brake assembly. I decided to scrape the old oxidized plastic off and paint the plastics since I'm a broke teenager(I am 17) and a new plastic set would be $150. I think they turned out well though. I painted the frame, subframe, engine,gas tank, and front brake assembly. I also reupholstered the seat. I noticed when I had the engine apart that the clutch basket was notched but considering it can be replaced with the bike together and it costs more money than I had at the moment, I decided to wait to replace it. This was my first project of this kind and I learned so much from it! It runs like a dream now too! Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

1392524736937.jpg

1392524748861.jpg

1392524767536.jpg

1392524784354.jpg

1392524821612.jpg

Looks good bud! I had an 89 cr125 when I was 13 and had it until I was 16. It was definitely a good bike for what I did and could still haul if you got on it real good!

I have the clymers manual. Not the original manual tho. I bought it on amazon for about $30. But as far as I can remember it only has information about adjusting the main jet (the jet with the long needle that has 5 notches) I could be wrong tho.

I have the clymers manual. Not the original manual tho. I bought it on amazon for about $30. But as far as I can remember it only has information about adjusting the main jet (the jet with the long needle that has 5 notches) I could be wrong tho.

I ordered a clymers and im not happy with it, it doesnt answer a few other questions I have lol