Mini bike hill climbs

To add to that, I climbed some big hills with my 01 xr. It was bone stock. I climbed up some hills with that thing that I had trouble doing on bigger bikes. My 02 xr I had(120bbk, fmf pipe, Mikuni carb, disc brakes, cr85suspension) I climbed all kinds of huge hills with that.. Power to weight ratio is ridiculous.

The crf150f is way way to heavy.

Depends on the dirt. If it's sand they're gonna both suck. If it's tech rock stuff than you should be able to get either up em. I got my ex a crf150 and I ended up riding it wayyyy more than her just for fun. That lil bike was legit. It may have been heavy but it was a tractor and I got it to places I never thought a bike like that could go.

Edited by 2SiX

What about  CRF150R?  Small size, lots of power and torque.  My brother has one and I am tempted to run it instead of my CRF250X at the next scramble because it more than enough power, its easy to handle, and a lot lighter.

Just a thought.

XR200 is a good bike, but kind of a toad.  Good for poking around trails.

Idk how to quote you but @big red

I considered the 150 r but my buddy at my work is almost identical body shape to me as far as height and weight. He rides a yz 125.

He handles it fine so I think I'll try that.

I can always cut the foam!

Idk how to quote you but @big red

I considered the 150 r but my buddy at my work is almost identical body shape to me as far as height and weight. He rides a yz 125.

He handles it fine so I think I'll try that.

I can always cut the foam!

I think in the long run you would happy with a big bike over the minis.  And yes, you can make adjustments to bring them down a little bit, but not too much.  Have you ridden a larger two stroke before?  I just ask because some people shy away due to the unique powerband most two stokes have.  Give it throttle and it takes a while to build up, then....BAM!!!!!  You are on the pipe and the bike takes off.  a 250f is close in size, a little heavier, but the powerband on a fourstroke is much more manageable.

Take his bike for a few rides if you can.  Two stokes are great bikes, but if you are not use to them, it can take a little while to learn throttle control.