LOST ITEM AT WALKER VALLEY

Washington

Edited due to my backwards logic as pointed out so diplomatically by David McDirt in his post.  What can I say, I was tired after the ride.

Anyways, I lost my GOPRO today when it fell out of my pack.  Please pm me if you have found it.       

Edited by chezdude

Damn!! that sucks Chezdude. Hope you guys find it today. 

how was the ice and snow , blowdown situation at Walker yesterday?  I went swimming at Tahuya cuz I had enough ice the weekend prior.   How low is the snowline?  Prolly lower after last nights storm....wind howled here.

Snow line was around the Centennial trail, ice in places on the upper trail clear on the low to mid stuff, big tree (18-24") down over the muddled meanderings trail near the top, you have time to react going up but coming down is another story.

I imagine that there are more trees down today.

I don't know the exact circumstances of your loss but make sure the zippers on your pack don't meet at the top.  Have them meet at the bottom on either side.  I lost a few items before this common sense method occurred to me.

I don't know the exact circumstances of your loss but make sure the zippers on your pack don't meet at the top.  Have them meet at the bottom on either side.  I lost a few items before this common sense method occurred to me.

Having them meet at the top is exactly what I did.  Not quite sure why that seemed like a good idea.  From now on they will meet at the sides and I'll throw a little piece of wire on one of the pulls to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ok snap judgement, the back story is I found a stray dog over Christmas and tried hard to find the owners. I had to play the part of not revealing to much about the animal as to make sure it went to the rightful owners.

Cheze, I hope you find it.  

Just to add to the zipper thing - 

If your pack has zipper loops and a pull then what you do is take the one zipper loop and put it inside of the other zipper loop and then put that zipper loop inside of the other zipper loop.

I

20130110_143236.jpg

Works great.

Edited by guns_equal_freedom

Ok snap judgement, the back story is I found a stray dog over Christmas and tried hard to find the owners. I had to play the part of not revealing to much about the animal as to make sure it went to the rightful owners.

I appreciate your helping out a stray dog and I hope that turned out ok. I have a place in my heart for dogs but not a gopro. It really didnt make sense to me the way you went off on chezdude who is a damn good guy and has a lot of friends here. I take back the the drunk troll part and will just stick with angry. Thanks again for helping the lost dog. You cant be all bad.

Cheze, I hope you find it.  

Just to add to the zipper thing - 

If your pack has zipper loops and a pull then what you do is take the one zipper loop and put it inside of the other zipper loop and then put that zipper loop inside of the other zipper loop.

I

20130110_143236.jpg

Works great.

This!! It works well. Hope you find the GP

Anybody go up to Walker today?  How's the blowdow situation?  It's howling again at my house tonite.  I might ditch work and head on up with a saw tomorrow.

I was on some of the single track a couple weeks ago and there was some fallin trees in a section I couldn't figure out if the guys that built the trail wanted them there.  It was passable, but somewhat annoying...one of the numbered trails, I forget, or have never been able to keep track of the number trails.

Edited by Slackkinhard

I was up there today looking for Chezdudes' GoPro as he is down with the flu, there were trees down on muddled meanderings in both the lower and upper sections. Lower one is about 8-10 inches upper one was around 18-24" that someone cut out but it's laying in the trail length wise. I didn't see anything else down and I rode to the Centennial trail and back down to the parking lot and no, I didn't find the GoPro

The conditions is great went yesterday with a group of 5 perfect trail conditions. Not many blow downs