Sign in to follow this  

Used Parts for 1997 Honda CR250

This is my first post, So i would like to say hello to everyone! 

okay, I know ebay has alot of parts for dirtbikes, but i am in need of a swingarm for my 1997 honda cr250.... Will any other year swingarm work on the 97 without modification?? Does anyone here on the forums have a swingarm they would like to sell? Thanks in advance!

Brad

there is a chunk missing where it mounts to the frame on the chain side. Previous owner must have had the chain way too tight and it wore the guide out and into the swinger.

If you know a good welder, this damage can be repaired by welding up the damage and grinding to fit. The new chain slider will cover it. Not the 1st time that I have heard of this happening. Can you post pictures of the damage? Otherwise as 2-Strokes said above, a 98 or 99 will fit.

isn't 97 -99 the first generation af? and as far as 250's go are all interchangeable?

would the same years 125 swing arm be a substitute?

isn't 97 -99 the first generation af? and as far as 250's go are all interchangeable?

would the same years 125 swing arm be a substitute?

97-99 is the first generation af for the cr250. 98-99 is the first generation af for the cr125. The swingarms for the 250s should be swapable between those years. I'm not sure if you can use a 125 swingarm on a 250 or vise versa.

125 frame is different as the rectangular frame metal is quarter turned compared to the 250 frame