Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400 SK2

looking to buy the above bike soon.

Is there anything i should look for on this model?

are the 02 bikes a good year? any weaknesses of any kind ... other than being heavier and not as powerful as "proper" 450's.

i know a little bit about these after reading on this forum, gear lever loves to punch a hole in the casings etc

any info would be great

Thanks in advance!

Check to see if it has a manual cam chain tensioner. Put some case savers on it. How much is it?The older ones should be a lot cheaper by now...

£2000 of our UK pounds ... at a guess maybe 3300 dollars ... bikes are a lot more expensive this side of the pond

what is the story of these cam chain tensioners ... I will have a search in a bit but if you can give me an overview that would be awesome

£2000 of our UK pounds ... at a guess maybe 3300 dollars ... bikes are a lot more expensive this side of the pond

what is the story of these cam chain tensioners ... I will have a search in a bit but if you can give me an overview that would be awesome

The older auto cam chain tensioners had problems. A lot of people including me put the mcct on their newer bikes too. Less pressure on the chain and shouldn't stretch it like the acct..

The older auto cam chain tensioners had problems. A lot of people including me put the mcct on their newer bikes too. Less pressure on the chain and shouldn't stretch it like the acct..

riiight i see, thanks very much mate!

was it an easy thing to convert? i imagine there is a correct torque to put into the Mcct or is it purely what feels good?

looking at another 06 bike now for the same money with the same miles, think thats the winner

It's pretty easy. Make sure the motor is at tdc and make sure the cams don't move when you take the tensioner off. I'm not sure of the torque. I don't have my manual in front of me. I have an 06 and an 09 and I put the mcct on both of them...

Cheers boss!

found the FAQ thread and it sorted out my questions.

Thanks again!