Sign in to follow this  

Sherco announces 125 2 smoker and 450 4 stroke

that would be NICE to see a big bore thumper dirt bike coming from somebody else.  Only KTM is in the category today.

The Sherco 450 had two stage wins in the Dakar this year. Demo models will be available in each country this spring and production for early 2015 model year. That's the latest. cheers

that would be NICE to see a big bore thumper dirt bike coming from somebody else. Only KTM is in the category today.

I guess my beta doesn't count?

I guess my beta doesn't count?

you're right...

I've looked at some Beta's....I know they used to use the RFS motor(til '08 I think?)....then did they develop their own?

Are they making a big bore thumper?  I have a hard time calling the 450 a big bore.....heck it's now the 250 class.   I wanna see more 500+ motors.  The Husaberg 570 in my opinion was a better bike than the 390 or the 450.

We are talking 450s in this thread.

TM used to make a 660. http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/models/tm-racing-2010/smx-660-f-competition-2010/

They still produce a 530 as part of the current range: http://www.tmracing.it/dt_portfolio/en-530-f-2/

you're right...

I've looked at some Beta's....I know they used to use the RFS motor(til '08 I think?)....then did they develop their own?

yeah now their motor is their own proprietary design not sure when they changed it to their own to be sure but sometime around then. I love mine. I don't mind the carb just less wires and a touch more simplistic but usually jetting is pretty close out of the box
  • Like 1

We are talking 450s in this thread.

TM used to make a 660. http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/models/tm-racing-2010/smx-660-f-competition-2010/

They still produce a 530 as part of the current range: http://www.tmracing.it/dt_portfolio/en-530-f-2/

I thought we were talking about Sherco?  The link speaks of an upcoming 5xx offering.

is that TM 530 available here in the states?

Edited by Slackkinhard

snip...

Is it available in the states?  I've never seen one?  New model for TM?  Looks good!

You'd have to ask the TM distributor Motoman at www.tmmotorcyclesusa.com as to whether or not they have imported any of the 530's. I doubt it, I can't see there being a big market for them since I don't think they are street legal.

TM has made the 530 for a long time and still offers it in 2014, it's carbureted not injected like the 250/450. That's a 2013 in the picture.

Sorry not trying to hijack this Sherco thread. Those Shercos look great and are sure getting amazing reviews.

Edited by Cam_Mitchell
  • Like 1

yeah now their motor is their own proprietary design not sure when they changed it to their own to be sure but sometime around then. I love mine. I don't mind the carb just less wires and a touch more simplistic but usually jetting is pretty close out of the box

2010 was the first year they used their own engines

2010 was the first year they used their own engines

what did they use in 2009?  Are the new motors single sump, or dual?

what did they use in 2009?  Are the new motors single sump, or dual?

From 05 to 2010 they used KTM RFS engines. 450 and 525. Not sure about the sump on the Beta engines though sorry.

• Like 1