ECU mapping questions/'14 500exc

Howdy partners! I just bought a 2014 500 exc and plan to modify it to run stronger.I have to Husaberg FE 570's(2011)both of which came with computers that needed to be unlocked,before they could be re-mapped,so I am aware of this step already.My bergs are both re-mapped using the "Unrestricted" fuel map that was readily available at the time.I am trying to find out if there is an unrestricted map available for the new 500? If not what is the best map for open exhaust/closed course competition?Are there other sources besides KTM to aquire additional maps?thanx

Ya ,that's pretty much the consensus here,I just wonder if there are any other sources to aquire additional maps that may not be available from KTM.How cool would it be if aftermarket exhaust manufacturers supplied maps that were custom-tailored for the specific bike/modified exhaust system that you intend to purchase?

Ya ,that's pretty much the consensus here,I just wonder if there are any other sources to aquire additional maps that may not be available from KTM.How cool would it be if aftermarket exhaust manufacturers supplied maps that were custom-tailored for the specific bike/modified exhaust system that you intend to purchase?

lol.... good luck with getting the mfgs to do that one!

I called my local dealer asking about a remap on my 2014 500 exc converted to supermoto. He said he was waiting on the new dealer tool to access the 2014. Apparently the new computer will only work on 2014+. This dealer only has acess to the xcw map no European map. I don't think I am going to do it. My tps is at .609v and I will just adjust that if i have lean running issues.

Try the JD tuner, works great stock and you can adjust it as needed.

Second that! My dealer wouldnt do the map even after he said he would.....guess ktm is clamping down on that. I went with the JD tuner, at least I could sell that seperate if I ever get rid of the bike.

Show me one of these bikes with the euro map...( free here ) ...and a JD tuner and I will show you a dude that wasted his $ on a tuner.

Once the bike has the euro map it runs so good the tuner can't make it better.

This excludes those doing a big bore kit.

Show me one of these bikes with the euro map...( free here ) ...and a JD tuner and I will show you a dude that wasted his $ on a tuner.

Once the bike has the euro map it runs so good the tuner can't make it better.

This excludes those doing a big bore kit.

Who's saying a tuner is better then a factory unrestricted map?

I'm saying its a darn near impossible to get it done around my neck of the woods due to either dealers, regulations or whatnot so much so that It forces you to go the tuner route.

I'm saying its a darn near impossible to get it done around my neck of the woods due to either dealers, regulations or whatnot so much so that It forces you to go the tuner route.

Sounds political to me...my dealer will gladly map one.

Call munn racing he will prolly map the ecu for ya.

Sounds political to me...my dealer will gladly map one.

Call munn racing he will prolly map the ecu for ya.

No kidding it's political, he's in California.  I don't think he's saying it can't be done, in his own words, he's saying it's damn near impossible to get it done around his neck of the woods.  

I just dropped my 500 off this morning at my local dealer to get the EU map loaded.  They'll do it for cost of their time (30 mins) so $40.  Should be a well spent $40.

Advance your TPS and forget about the maps and tuner.

Advance your TPS and forget about the maps and tuner.

Good point.

FWIW I'll still vote rep.

Also I ....LOVE a quiet bike but these bikes don't reach there potential with the stock muffler.

Best bang for the buck is a used muffler off the old RFS..I did a FMF 4.1 WITH Quiet core in place...( don't run any better with it out )