pipe guard doesnt fit?

Ok, so I have a 2014 250 xc-w. I bought the ktm carbon fiber pipe guard. On the packaging it says 250/300. It doesnt come close to fitting. One or the other ends fit but if you try to mount both they dont come close. Is there a secret?

Same deal for me 13' 300. I thought maybe the space was intentional to provide a buffer between the guard and the pipe. Did you find out anything? Thanks.

Same deal for me 13' 300. I thought maybe the space was intentional to provide a buffer between the guard and the pipe. Did you find out anything? Thanks.

Yes I did.  They don't fit and they won't give me my money back because I took it out of the package.  &%$#@!!   I also noted that it doesn't fit the 200, so I have no idea what it does fit.  I will say that for the same price the P3 fits perfectly.  It is about two times thicker and overall....way better made!  I highly recommend it.

So some are specific to different pipes like FMF or PC or stock you know so could it be something like that? You could have an FMF pipe and a PC pipe guard for example? I don't know just a suggestion. But they are not one size fits all.

I got it for my 14 300 and it gaps near the bottom of the pipe. Rode it a few days ago and all it does is collect crap from the trail. Way bummed.

Edited by cwarren

I bought the KTM pipe guard for my 2014 250XCW as well ... wouldn't even come close to fitting, so I returned it ... as expected a little argument with the dealer about it being out of the packaging, but my I got my money back after all ...

Anyway, I'm just gone wreck the pipe and I'll buy a P3 pipe guard when I upgrade to a FMF gnarly ...

--> Pretty amazing that KTM sells these monsters as "fitting on a 2014 250 XCW" ... like: what's wrong with these people, did they even try to fit one on a real bike ?