Tires

I own a 2006 kx250f and I'm needing some new tires. Back and front. What do you guys recommend? I ride a lot of hardpack, sand, and occasional track which is usually a little softer. So I want maximum traction. What would be the best? What do you guys have on your bikes and what kind of terrain are you on?

Iv got the Dunlop Geomax AT81's I and they have been good. I ride mx and xc

09 yfz450r

09 kx450f

I use Bridgestone M404's for mainly hard pack but they work very well in soft sand and mud.   

i run mx51s for almost all my riding, upstate ny so rocky and hard with mud. looking at 52s this year as they the newer version with more broad condition range.

I usually run dunlop mx51's front and rear, but I decided to try the michelin ms3 and its a lot softer than the dunlop. However, they both handle great.

I use Bridgestone M404's for mainly hard pack but they work very well in soft sand and mud.   

I'm with Shawn on this one.  We have been using Bridgestone 403 / 404 combo on our Kawasakis for a long time.  They work really well on all types of terrain especially Off-Road and then going to the MX track.  On hard pack they work well but not as good as the 603 /604 does. 

I know it is a personal perference thing but what size tires do you run front and back on the track. I am running the stock size Dunlop 952.

Thanks.

Jeff

I know it is a personal perference thing but what size tires do you run front and back on the track. I am running the stock size Dunlop 952.

Thanks.

Jeff

I run the stock sizes on the KX250F.  80/100-21 in front and 90/100-19 in the rear.  I think the bike turns better with the front at a 80/100-21.  If you put a bigger rear tire it will rob HP and it will not fit the stock 1.85 rim right. 

I run the standard front and rear standard is a 100 on the 2012 .

I tried a 110 rear and now running a 120 rear and honestly dont feel any difference in handling, the 120 does work well in thick sand and mud.   

What about durability and how long they last?

I got 40 hrs on the 100 , 50 hours on the 110.

All depends on when you change, some people will change tyres when they have worn a couple mm's, I change when the centre nobblies get to about 7-8mm high. Im not racing anymore so not concerned about optimum traction.   

If you go up a tire size in the rear from 100 to 110 will it not fit my rim right? Should I just get the stock size, I ride alot of trails; rocks, mud, water, sand, hard pack, and some track...I was thinking about the dunlop MX71's any other suggestions..?