CR125 crank clicking

So in the process of finishing my CR125 build, and I'm starting to build some concerns. Originally i am redoing the top end cause the piston was done and so was the cylinder. I thought that the crank was all good until i brought it up to a friend and he warned me. My crank is really, really soft and fluid in motion, rotates like butter. But I am getting a very, very, VERY soft fluid clicking/ticking sound. Its VERY rythmic and soft, it dosent sound like anything failed, almost like it should be that way. Like i said, its very fluid and soft in motion, and so is the clicking. No grinding, no rattling, no movement in the actual crank, just that damn soft click. There is about 1MM in rod play left to right, and ZERO movement in radial play

can anyone offer any advice on what to do? Remanufactured cylinder and piston are already on its way.

Any help? I took off the flywheel cover and checked the play on the flywheel and the flywheel is tight with no movement

Anyone?

I don't think anyone is answering because we don't know where the noise is coming form . But if it is coming from the crank then replace it because they don't click. but I would look at the right side of the engine to see if it is coming from the clutch, water pump or power valve governor.

I don't think anyone is answering because we don't know where the noise is coming form . But if it is coming from the crank then replace it because they don't click. but I would look at the right side of the engine to see if it is coming from the clutch, water pump or power valve governor.

Crap, allright. I dont know, it seems like its coming from the crank. Are cranks supposed to be completely silent? Because its not so much as a prominent click as a hum. I have the top end completely off and am rotating the motor by using the rod, so probably crank. 

Would I be able to take apart the crank and replace the main bearing on its own?

Crap, allright. I dont know, it seems like its coming from the crank. Are cranks supposed to be completely silent? Because its not so much as a prominent click as a hum. I have the top end completely off and am rotating the motor by using the rod, so probably crank.

Would I be able to take apart the crank and replace the main bearing on its own?

you can have a shop rebuild your crank, new bearing, rod and washers. Its not a do it yourself kinda job. You will.need new main bearings and seals as well. You may want to look at a complete bottom end rebuild kit from Hot Rod. Comes with everything you will need.

the sound I think of when I spin a crank is more like the smooth sound a roller coaster going downhill . Not a train starting to move

Edited by Foleyracing

the sound I think of when I spin a crank is more like the smooth sound a roller coaster going downhill . Not a train starting to move

It sounds like "a roller coaster" but it's not as smooth as I would like to be. But it's not a grinding noise or anything like that

It sounds like "a roller coaster" but it's not as smooth as I would like to be. But it's not a grinding noise or anything like that

its making noise that it shouldnt, it is the begining of the end for it.

You 'could' put your engine together and ride it till it blows or just rebuild it properly now.

I would not use that crank.