Sign in to follow this  

old member here w/86 xr600r to possibly part

Hi guy's. 86 xr600r. Looking for any interest if I parted out the engine. I spun the countershaft spline & scored the cylinder after a rebuild yrs. ago, The engine has been apart coated w/oil, bagged & in such an order I could put it all back together if I decide too. The bike ran great but the oil pump may have been airlocked if that's possible & scored the cylinder. I took the cylinder over to a shop near bye, max power, I think & they told me it had to be bored. Well it's at 628 & kicks back sometimes & damn near breaks my leg! I'am not getting younger but my bones are getting more brittle by the day. I did & did have done,  some fairly extensive work on the top end. A quick run through of the work done is as follows. 628, barnums stage 1 I believe it was cam ( I can measure the lift if you've got the specs.) I sent the head & barnums had the rockers hard welded to match the cam. Not inexpensive. Valve job done by Suters speed shop here in wi. Wiseco 10.5:1 maybe 10.25:1 comp. Just a quick idea of what's going on & wondering if there is any interest. I've got a 81 suz.gs1100e I ride that spooks me a little but I wouldn't mind sticking a cr500 or? engine into the xr frame since I've got a title for it. Any trades?