Sign in to follow this  

Can you give me suggestions on a bike to buy?

Hello all. I am new to the forum and would like some help.

I am in the market for a new bike right now.

I am selling my 2004 KTM 85SX.

I am looking for a bike that is more suited for woods riding. I may start getting into some hare scrambles this year.

I am 16 years old. ~5ft 6inches tall and 115 pounds (just a little guy)

My KTM was quite fast, and I found my self riding it to its limits last season.

I really do like the seat height, but I really want just a little more power in general.

The bikes I was thinking of were 2005+ yamaha yz125, Ktm 105 XC with big bore kit, CRF250R or X. Or a KDX220 and then next season do a KX Conversion on said kdx220.

What do you guys think?

P.S

For the yz125 and crf250R/X I would pretty much have toget a lowering kit for 'em. 

KTM 150 xc, you will not need a lowering kit for any of the bikes, im 5'4 120lbs and full size bikes fit me fine, just got to get the suspension setup correctly.

This is the bike I was going to say, but you beat me to it. I know 2 people with them that say they are the most fun bikes they have ever owned

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I have been searching kijiji (canadian craigslist) and i have found a few ktm 150sx's. but no xc's. lots of 250 2t xc's though. But I figure those are a little bit on the big side for me. The 250 xc's though are usually 2/3 the price of a 150sx or 125sx. I have seen tons of 2004+ yz 125's though. One of those plus a 144 cylinder with maybe a stroker crank and FWW would be nasty In the sticks i think.

I may go out and ride my father's '92 cr250 and see if I can handle that bear around decently. If I can then I will probably go straight to a 250 2T. Late 90's Cr250 are also dirt cheap around me.

As you can probably tell I am kind of leaning away from KTM's. Thats because to me they are awfully overpriced in the parts department. Almost 1+ 2/3 the price of honda parts from were we go for parts.

But what ever bike Is cheapest and runs the best will end up ruling out the others. Thanks for your input again!