1997 rt 100 no neutral

i just picked up a 1997 rt 100 and i can not find neutral at all ive tried for two days lol it seems to not be there other than that it shift through all the gears just fine up shift and down shifts any pointers in a direction i need to look thanks in advance

It's half way between 1st & 2nd. The easiest way to find it is with the engine off, shift all the way down into 1st. Then ever so slowly, lift up on the shift lever gently with your hand until you feel it "click" into Neutral, which is about half of a full lift of the shifting lever. With practice, you will get the hang of it with the engine running & using your foot.

It's half way between 1st & 2nd. The easiest way to find it is with the engine off, shift all the way down into 1st. Then ever so slowly, lift up on the shift lever gently with your hand until you feel it "click" into Neutral, which is about half of a full lift of the shifting lever. With practice, you will get the hang of it with the engine running & using your foot.

been there done that. its like its gone. engine off or on go to first and ever so lightly click up it clicks into 2nd i think something is wrong inside the guy i got the bike from had the same problem with it . could never find neutral

Well then! Yes, something is wrong internally. I would think it would be something easy, since the transmission works fine other than Neutral. Like the shifting star/pawl. Since the RT100 isn't talked about much on here, you are probably going to have to provide pictures, so that we can point you in the right direction.

Well then! Yes, something is wrong internally. I would think it would be something easy, since the transmission works fine other than Neutral. Like the shifting star/pawl. Since the RT100 isn't talked about much on here, you are probably going to have to provide pictures, so that we can point you in the right direction.

thanks for the replys i ordered a gasket kit for the bike so ill pop the covers off and post pictures when the kit gets here i did a compression test on it just to see where the numbers were i got 135psi. I dont have a repair book for it so i dont know if thats a good number or not??