which bike?

So im looking for a new bike to buy for about 900-1200$ im 5,6 and 14. Im looking at the 125 2Ts either cr, kx, sx, rm. Or a kdx200. I want a bike that is going to be fun to ride for a few years. I mostly ride open fields, road and open trails. So which one is best for the money?

Give us some more information. Like what bike are you moving up from, how much experience do you have, etc. I will work with the info I have, but more info would be very helpful. I'm 15 6'1 140 pounds, and I ride a 2005 YZ125. It is a great bike. If you decided to get a 125 2t I would recommend the Yz, Rm, or the Cr. I know you didn't mention the Yz on your post, but I'm recommending it anyway lol. I prefer the Yz and the Rm over the Cr, but they are all good reliable bikes. On to the Kdx200. In comparison to the Yz for example, the kdx has a dry weight of 225 pounds. When I say dry I mean without any fluids in it. The Yz has a dry weight of 208 pounds. If you are exclusively a trail rider then the Kdx would be a good choice. Due to it's softer suspension which is designed to pound the trails. The Yz is a motocross bike while the Kdx is an enduro/trail bike. The Yz would be a good choice if you may start riding the Mx track, and begin to hit some serious jumps. The suspension is still suffice for the trails, but it doesn't have the cush of the kdx. These bike are completely different in what they are designed to accomplish. As I stated above the Yz is designed for Motocross,and the Kdx is designed as a trail bike. I don't see too many kdx 200s in my area, so I don't know the price on them. Depending on what year bike you want the 125s could go over your budget. Most of the really nice ones around my area go for no more than 1400$. They are usually no older than 2005. I hope this helped. I did my best with the info you provided. RIDE ON!!!!!!!

Edited by THE.CRF.RIDER
  • Like 2

Give us some more information. Like what bike are you moving up from, how much experience do you have, etc. I will work with the info I have, but more info would be very helpful. I'm 15 6'1 140 pounds, and I ride a 2005 YZ125. It is a great bike. If you decided to get a 125 2t I would recommend the Yz, Rm, or the Cr. I know you didn't mention the Yz on your post, but I'm recommending it anyway lol. I prefer the Yz and the Rm over the Cr, but they are all good reliable bikes. On to the Kdx200. In comparison to the Yz for example, the kdx has a dry weight of 225 pounds. When I say dry I mean without any fluids in it. The Yz has a dry weight of 208 pounds. If you are exclusively a trail rider then the Kdx would be a good choice. Due to it's softer suspension which is designed to pound the trails. The Yz is a motocross bike while the Kdx is an enduro/trail bike. The Yz would be a good choice if you may start riding the Mx track, and begin to hit some serious jumps. The suspension is still suffice for the trails, but it doesn't have the cush of the kdx. These bike are completely different in what they are designed to accomplish. As I stated above the Yz is designed for Motocross,and the Kdx is designed as a trail bike. I don't see too many kdx 200s in my area, so I don't know the price on them. Depending on what year bike you want the 125s could go over your budget. Most of the really nice ones around my area go for no more than 1400$. They are usually no older than 2005. I hope this helped. I did my best with the info you provided. RIDE ON!!!!!!!

Well im coiming off of a ke100 which is a two stroke but power wise its about the same as a ttr 125. From what I read I think the yz will be to tall. The trails I ride are pretty open and my friend ride a rm125 and he loves it for trails. Around where I live I can get a nice 125 for about 1200 but for the same price I can get a 02 kdx220. So idk

Well im coiming off of a ke100 which is a two stroke but power wise its about the same as a ttr 125. From what I read I think the yz will be to tall. The trails I ride are pretty open and my friend ride a rm125 and he loves it for trails. Around where I live I can get a nice 125 for about 1200 but for the same price I can get a 02 kdx220. So idk

A Kdx200 has a seat height of 36 inches. The Yz125 has a seat height of 39 inches, and the other 125s follow suit. You are only 14 so you are still growing in height. There are ways to lower the seat height, like shaving the seat but that wouldn't be enough to get the seat height of the Yz down enough. You will probably fit on the Kdx. The Kdx 200 or the 220 would be a good choice. But as ITS CHOOKEN stated above you have to find one in good condition. The Kdx 220 ceased production in 2005, and the Kdx 200 left the market in 2006. So a Kdx would be at least 8 years old. It may be a little harder to find one in good condition, but they are definitely still out there. I didn't give you a price on the Kdx because I don't see many for sale. The ones I have seen aren't in good condition, so I don't know the price of a nice one. Although the kdx line isn't currently in production, the parts availability is still good. By the way that ke100 looks pretty cool. I love the look of the old style tanks. RIDE ON!!!!!!!!! Edited by THE.CRF.RIDER

A Kdx200 has a seat height of 36 inches. The Yz125 has a seat height of 39 inches, and the other 125s follow suit. You are only 14 so you are still growing in height. There are ways to lower the seat height, like shaving the seat but that wouldn't be enough to get the seat height of the Yz down enough. You will probably fit on the Kdx. The Kdx 200 or the 220 would be a good choice. But as ITS CHOOKEN stated above you have to find one in good condition. The Kdx 220 ceased production in 2005, and the Kdx 200 left the market in 2006. So a Kdx would be at least 8 years old. It may be a little harder to find one in good condition, but they are definitely still out there. I didn't give you a price on the Kdx because I don't see many for sale. The ones I have seen aren't in good condition, so I don't know the price of a nice one. Although the kdx line isn't currently in production, the parts availability is still good.

Yeah...from what ive read it seems like the yz is about 39 and kx, cr, rm are about 36-37 and today I rode my friends rm125 and I seemed pretty nice and I can stand one foot flat and the other on the peg.

Yeah...from what ive read it seems like the yz is about 39 and kx, cr, rm are about 36-37 and today I rode my friends rm125 and I seemed pretty nice and I can stand one foot flat and the other on the peg.

You definitely can't go wrong with either one of the bikes. The final decision is all yours. Keep us updated on what you decide your next ride is going to be. RIDE ON!!!!!!!

You definitely can't go wrong with either one of the bikes. The final decision is all yours. Keep us updated on what you decide your next ride is going to be. RIDE ON!!!!!!!

Ok... I acually just found a nice 02 husky cr125 for 1200. How are they compared to the others? And what I want is good reliabilty and good bottom end

Ok which 125 has the most bottom end except for the yz bc I think it will be to tall.

The YZ has the best bottom end by far. The CR125 is notorious for no bottom. I have one and they're right! The RM and KX aren't much better.

If I were you I'd just look for the nicest one you can afford, they are really all pretty similar.

If you are just trail riding a KDX would be A LOT better choice for you. They don't handle near as well but they are all about torque. Too bad you don't live around here, there are tons of KDXs, beat up but rideable.

The YZ has the best bottom end by far. The CR125 is notorious for no bottom. I have one and they're right! The RM and KX aren't much better.

If I were you I'd just look for the nicest one you can afford, they are really all pretty similar.

If you are just trail riding a KDX would be A LOT better choice for you. They don't handle near as well but they are all about torque. Too bad you don't live around here, there are tons of KDXs, beat up but rideable.

Well I do ride trails some times. Creek beds, quad trails, ect. But I mostly ride fields and road. So would kinda like somthing to jump and wheelie. And my friend and I might go to the track if I get the 125. What is the best 125 with mods for bottom end?

Back to the YZ. Any of them will be a lot better with the cylinder ported for bottom end though. You'll probably spend 200. Another $150 for the piston you should be replacing anyway on a used bike.

I think for general screwing around I'd rather have a 125 than a KDX anyway.

Back to the YZ. Any of them will be a lot better with the cylinder ported for bottom end though. You'll probably spend 200. Another $150 for the piston you should be replacing anyway on a used bike.

I think for general screwing around I'd rather have a 125 than a KDX anyway.

Yeah I think so to. And will probably be drag racing a little since most of my friends have quads.
  • Like 2

Oh and in all reality, a motocross bike will beat any trail bike with mods...on the trail. I ride some super gnar shit on a crf450r. The KDX's suck too.

Same here. I have a CR125, a CRF250R and a CRF450R. All of them heavily woods modded. They are lighter and better performing than any trail bike.